Hot oil Every Wash????

gymfreak336

Does any one use a hot oil treatment every wash? I was thing about trying that for the next month and a half and seeing if that has any effect on my moisture levels since the air is drying it out. If so, what kind of oil do you use and for how long? Thanks in advance

I do a hot oil treatment once a week (when I use shampoo). I use a mixture of EVOO and Castor oil before I wash my hair. I leave it in my hair for about an hour (while I clean the house or whateva--I generate my own heat :lol: ). My hair is very moisturized and soft. Works like a charm!!!

Last edited:
I do it for everywash and it works. have been doing it for like 6 months now and my hair has really improved. I used evoo and a little honey mixed with swave milk and honey conditioner. I sit under the dryer for about 20 -30 min b4 I wash.

HTH

I use a hot oil treatment (Black Castor Oil) once a week with my conditioner (Miss Key 10 en 1), over night.

I heat the oil and conditioner, on a low temp until really warm and apply to dry hair. I tie the hair up in a silk scarf (usually over night).

Works wonderfully!

gymfreak336 said:
Does any one use a hot oil treatment every wash? I was thing about trying that for the next month and a half and seeing if that has any effect on my moisture levels since the air is drying it out. If so, what kind of oil do you use and for how long? Thanks in advance

Great question gymfreak336! I recently started doing pre poo treatments & deep conditiong at every wash will def. at the hot oil treatments in there.

This makes my 4a/4b hair feel like silk! I spritz with warm water then add heated carrot oil or Surge lotion# 9. I cover with a cap and leave on for at least 2 hours then wash and condition.
I know it seems crazy, but it really makes a difference!!!:lachen:

It's called a prepoo and I had been doing them since I joined. I've generally used a cheapie condish like vO5 and warmed evoo. I eventually started mixing the two together and then nuking this mixture. This and using moisturizing poos and condishes will aid in maximizing your moisture levels. Some ladies prepoo with just one or two warmed oils.

I've even added warm oil to my poos!

I'm no longer doing prepoos because my hair has been ultra moist :grin: . However, we'll see what the winter season brings... :look:

onepraying said:
It's called a prepoo and I had been doing them since I joined. I've generally used a cheapie condish like vO5 and warmed evoo. I eventually started mixing the two together and then nuking this mixture. This and using moisturizing poos and condishes will aid in maximizing your moisture levels. Some ladies prepoo with just one or two warmed oils.

I've even added warm oil to my poos!

I'm no longer doing prepoos because my hair has been ultra moist :grin: . However, we'll see what the winter season brings... :look:

I thought a pre-poo is if you do the treatment before using shampoo? Is it still called the same if you do a hot oil treatment after you shampoo?

Lkaysgirl said:
I thought a pre-poo is if you do the treatment before using shampoo? Is it still called the same if you do a hot oil treatment after you shampoo?
Everyone was responding about pre shampooing :lol: ...uh....no, a hot oil treatment after pooing every wash is cool as well, if that's what the original post was about...:lol:

I've never cared for a post-poo hot oil treatment as it has always left my hair too oily. Although, maybe if I used a really lite oil like Jojoba, it might work better?
scratchchin.gif
:

I plan on doing hot-oil once every two weeks. The other two weeks, I planned on doing a protein reconstructor, and then the other washes just 'poo, d-con, and leave-in con. Maybe I should pre-poo?

I do a pre-poo oil treatment under the dryer every week before my usual shampoo and deep condition. I use EVOO with Africa's Best Herbal Oil mixed in. I apply it to wet/damp hair, put on a plastic cap, and sit under the dryer for 10-20 mins. Afterwards, I rinse and shampoo.

I've noticed a change in my hair over the past few weeks. It's been dry and my scalp is starting to flake. The weather has started to effect my hair already. I will try to do a pre-poo hot oil treatment before every weekly wash. I will aim for misting my hair with water and applying EVOO and perhaps a cheap conditioner on friday nights. sleep in a plastic cap underneath my satin scarf and then wash saturday morn, and do a 10 min deep moisturizing conditioning under the dryer.....
I also bought some grapeseed oil from the grocery store so i'll try that as well...it's supposed to be a light oil so maybe it won't weigh my hair down like alot of EVOO will...

Back