Hooray for Jilbere Flatiron & question

Kaela

Ok, so I flat-ironed my hair for the first time with a jilbere ceramic, and the second time, ever in my life with a flat iron tool. Even though this is going to sound really dumb, you won't believe how shocked I was to not have that "something's burning" feeling because of the singed hair effect. I celebrated by throwing my trusty Gold N Hot wide barrel curling iron in the trash can, immediately. I'm on a no heat/low heat regime, but I can see how this can be habit forming....

Here is my question:

1. I did this on airdryed hair, so as a result, my ends are a little crinkly (not split though!!). How's this scenario...roller setting on large rollers, drying on cool, and then running a flat iron over the dried hair on low heat for a straight look? Would that be overkill?

I'm glad you are happy cause I just ordered my Hai Ceramic flatiron...

I plan to only iron hair that has been roller set..

Hi Kaela!
wave.gif

Question: Were your ends crinkly before or after you flatironed them??? usually the flatiron smooths out any "crinkiliness" lol that i have.
I think that would help the ladies know what to recommend for solving the end situation.

Hey Kaela (pretty name btw)! my ends are also crinkled when I airdry. Actually I make 5 big twists then flat iron when they are dry. and I still had a little wave at the bottom unless I pull the hair straight as I slide the iron down.

they were 'textured' before due to the airdrying, but it wasn't noticeable because the rest of it was slightly curly. Once I got the rest straight, some of the ends went straight, but some of the others were a little crinkly. Not that noticeable though...just annoying.

Back