hooded dryer and deep conditioning

teysmith

How much of a difference does one really make when deep conditioning.. Before my hair was loving deep conditioning with just a plastic cover. But now thats just seems not to be working anymore. So I was thinking about purchasing a hooded dryer but I would like to know. Do It make a big difference?

Also do it matter what kind? I saw one in the Beauty store that I was going to jump on right away lastnight but then I thought that I should get some input first...

What makes a good one and what makes a bad one?

the one I was going to get, I dont remember the brand of it but It cost 34 dollars? is that too much cominig from the beauty supply? Can I get a good one from Sallys cheaper or around that price?

Thanks.

I used to dc with just a plastic cap. But, now I do it with my hooded dryer and there's a big difference. You get the heat, which helps the dc penetrate faster and, imo, better. Also, the time to do so is lessened. I see a bigger difference than what I used to do.

As for price, I'm not sure because my mother in law gave me her extra one. But, I don't know if I'd spend less than $45 for a quality one.

I bought a soft bonnet attachment for my blowdryer and my deep conditioning is so much better with heat. So much more effective. :yep: I definitely recommend a hooded dryer.

How much of a difference does one really make when deep conditioning.. Before my hair was loving deep conditioning with just a plastic cover. But now thats just seems not to be working anymore. So I was thinking about purchasing a hooded dryer but I would like to know. Do It make a big difference?

Also do it matter what kind? I saw one in the Beauty store that I was going to jump on right away lastnight but then I thought that I should get some input first...

What makes a good one and what makes a bad one?

the one I was going to get, I dont remember the brand of it but It cost 34 dollars? is that too much cominig from the beauty supply? Can I get a good one from Sallys cheaper or around that price?

Thanks.

@ bolded, helll yeaaa it make a difference!!!<-- :look:, got a lil excited there.

but heck yea it makes a difference, it makes the conditoning soo much better.

i actually did a little experiment lol. silly but i put a tea bag in cold water,it took about 6mins to drop in water. i did the same with hot water and the tea bag dropped fast becuase the water penetrated faster becuase the water was warm.

same with the hair and conditioner!!!! it penetrates the hair making it allll soooo goooooood, mmm love conditioner!!

I know I've seen a major change in the condition of my hair once I started using heat again and then I added homemade steam treatments once a wk and now my hair and I are friends.

Well alrighty thanks ladies I guess I will be getting one real soon!

:spoiler:

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! :stop:

I use to swear by deep conditioning with heat (45 mins to 1 hour)... but since I discovered DCing on dry hair OVERNIGHT..... its a wrap. :love2:

I would suggest trying this first before spending your money.

Last edited:

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! :stop: I use to swear by deep conditioning with heat (45 mins to 1 hour)... but since I discovered DCing on dry hair OVERNIGHT..... its a wrap. :love2:

what kind of conditioner do you use, Reecie? That has never worked for me :(

what kind of conditioner do you use, Reecie? That has never worked for me :(

I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and then coat my hair with EVOO. :lick: After that, I put on a plastic cap, and then my turbie twist (to make sure it stays in place all night). I shampoo it out in the morning and it sooooooooo buttery smooth, that I'm afraid my hair might melt off my head. :yep: It is sooooo soft. I hope you try it.... and the heat from it being wrapped all night is awesome. It's almost like a steam treatment... I think.

My mother bought the hooded dryer I use in 1981. It's older than me and still works like a charm. Yes it does make a big difference with DCing but I still love the mobility that using my steam cap allows. I'll try the Humecto under the dryer tomorrow and see.

Well alrighty thanks ladies I guess I will be getting one real soon!

Don't buy a pricey one, it's totally not necessary.

I just bought one for $20 on walmart (softbonnet dryer)

And there are blowdryer attachment ones too.

It'll do the DC job well for ya...and cheaply!!:yep:

I use this ones *pics*. I can't do over night DC, the turbie always comes off and I end up having a bad nights sleep trying not to toss and turn, but still end up with messy sheets. Besides, don't think it assists in the bedroom

Attachments

• 41ajY9KhOeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    41ajY9KhOeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 41-J7onRNLL._SS400_.jpg
    41-J7onRNLL._SS400_.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0
Don't buy a pricey one, it's totally not necessary.

I just bought one for $20 on walmart (softbonnet dryer)

And there are blowdryer attachment ones too.

It'll do the DC job well for ya...and cheaply!!:yep:

Thanks! Are the ones that attach to the blow dryer the things that fill up with air like a balloon? I something like that in sally's and was going to get one cause they were really cheap.

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! :stop:

I use to swear by deep conditioning with heat (45 mins to 1 hour)... but since I discovered DCing on dry hair OVERNIGHT..... its a wrap. :love2:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: thanks.

It made a difference for me. I got my Gold n Hot from Sally's for around $35 plus tax. I've since gotten a steamer and let me tell you :cloud9:

i absolutely LOVED my $40 pink ion bonnet dryer...but i upgraded to a standup rollabout model by babyliss when it was on sale for $80 around black friday. can't live without that HEAT! i tried to like overnight DCing overnight, but my hair wasn't having it...it got all mushy and stuff.

lmao!!! can I have yours? l

:grin: i need it,

i use a 20 dollar heat cap i got from the BSS,

i also have a hard hooed , gold n hot. i like the heat cap better. any heat is good.

but the overnight DC on dry hair is also the bomb. but i DC with dry hair using heat still.

It is an added step but your hair will love you for it. Deep conditioning with heat helps the conditioners/oil penetrate better. Try once with and once without and you will instantly see and feel the difference. I have a soft bonnet. I d/c on dry hair, shampoo, then slap on my conditioners and oil. I then put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for as long as I feel (or as long as I can stand it). Results= perfect hair every time :guiness:. The few times I tried to skip the last step and just use a cap, my hair was not happy :flush:

Thanks! Are the ones that attach to the blow dryer the things that fill up with air like a balloon? I something like that in sally's and was going to get one cause they were really cheap.

Yes, that's the one...i dont know how good they are, i just know they're inexpensive

thanks ladies I'm off to get me a dryer pretty soon! I cant wait. I really think this is what my hair has being missing! we shall see. :)

Hey hon, don't forget to check thrift stores for hair dryers. Test them before buying them. (Angelicus :love: thrift stores)

Hey hon, don't forget to check thrift stores for hair dryers. Test them before buying them. (Angelicus :love: thrift stores)

thanks. Your such a sweetie!
And thats a great idea. I love thriftstores!
However Its a little too late. I've already purchased it.
I havent tried it yet, but I pray that it works great because Lord knows I dont need to be wasting any money at point in my life.
I been waiting patiently for someone to have one on Craigslist and I've found a few but they are just a far drive away.
I should have been more patient. But I think my hair really needed this.

Back