Honeysuckle Rose - did I use it right?

Rezgirl

I have "organicfied" my house :grin: and went on a binge at Whole Foods. I've tried the GPB before and liked it but this was my first experience with Honeysuckle Rose. I got it after reading about it on here. So I got the shampoo and conditioner. I used the shampoo and my hair felt weird - almost like that squeaky clean feeling but kinda sticky???!?!?!?! I continued on and used the conditioner, I mixed GPB and HR conditioner and got under the dryer for 30 min or so. Hair still felt weird. I rinsed it a few times and it was gross. After I rollerset it it was fine and basically came out normal but I didnt enjoy my poo at all. Same results on my daughters hair - what gives, anyone else have this problem. I like it b/c its natural but that weird feeling is enough to make my lip curl up and my nose scrunch when I think about it.

Well, the reviews for AO's poos have always been poor.
I only use the condishes... and at that- use them as a rinse out only...not a DC.

Many other ladies will chime in - I'm sure......There are several AO devotees.... :)

I don't like AO Shampoo's. I don't like shampoo's for my naps. Except Giovanni Moisturizing Shampoo for when I have coned my hair to death.

I don't wash with AO conditioners. I put them on dry hair. Wait about an hour (I don't have dryer) and than wash out. My hair is really soft. Than I use my detangling conditioner either TJ's or Giovanni Moisturizing Conditioner and my hair is easy to detangle...rinse and do my other styling stuff.

I tried AO condish only...which I liked...I also liked Giovanni Deep Moisture! I have never used the poos...my hair really hates shampoo!! I shamopo 2 x a month...with Avalon Organics..Revitalizing Shampoo ( it has no parabens, sulfates)...and it's okay...it doesn't strip my hair as bad as others normally do! Here's some info! HTH

Description
Revitalizing Shampoo. Peppermint Enriched with Barbassu Oil, Plus Vitamin E, Panthenol & Arginine.

Invigorates Scalp Circulation and Gently Cleanses. Restores Strength and Elasticity for Revitalized Hair. Beyond Cleansing - Actually Revitalizing. Revitalizing Babassu Oil, Vitamins and Organic Peppermint Fortify and Stimulate for Renewed and Refreshed Hair. Benefits all Hair Types.

Ingredients: Certified organic mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf, ginkgo biloba and rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extracts (aqueous) cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, sodium lauroyl lactylate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, certified orgainic orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil, panthenol (pro vitamin B5), soyamidopropalkonium chloride tocopherol (vitamin E), bisabolol (chamomile), arginine (amino acid), babassuamadopropalkonium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, and certified organic mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf oil.
Free Of
Paraben, preservatives, synthetic fragrances and artificial color.

Back