Home Bound First Dates

Your friends will turn you to a desperate low self esteem woman if you continue to ask for their advice.

such low standards. "you should just accept that"

REALLY?

wow

My thing is I was trying to spend some face to face time with him to see if I liked him (more than an initial attraction because he was cute and funny - that is how he got my number) but then he hit me with the "come over to the studio and watch a movie".

And I hope I do not sound shallow when I say this but I know he has SOME money. He is a popular Southern

rap producer. We spent half the day Sunday talking about a shooting that happened here in the A.

My thing is I was trying to spend some face to face time with him to see if I liked him (more than an initial attraction because he was cute and funny - that is how he got my number) but then he hit me with the "come over to the studio and watch a movie".

And I hope I do not sound shallow when I say this but I know he has SOME money. He is a popular Southern

rap producer. We spent half the day Sunday talking about a shooting that happened here in the A.

Because he is a producer he is used to people getting all excited about dating him and doing whatever he suggests. Sounds like he is not interested in dating anyway. I am proud of you for having standards and sticking to them. I think most men in that industry are like that though. I'd rather date a busdriver or teacher who wanted to court me. You deserve flowers, movies, dinners, walks in the park, romance.

Last edited:
Maybe not for you.

I have a couple and chillin' at someone's house, studio, wherever for a first date is pretty high on the list.

I have rules as well. My rules may not fit someone else but I do have rules. If the situation warrants maybe there could be an exception but thats rare.

I told him I didn't know that they had re-released Love Jones at the movie theater and wanted to know where we were going to see it. He said I wanted you to come here and watch it. I told him I think it would be inappropriate. He asked Why? I said because I don't really know you like that. He said Well, what would be appropriate? I said Anywhere in public, like a movie theatre or park. He said So you just want me to spend some money? And it went haywire from there.

ugh classic typical bum response/reaction... just reading this is making me itch unpleasantly

RUN.

So what do you ladies say to guys that suggest this??

I say oh, no, that's ok, gradually end the conversation, and never speak to him again.

Oh then why didn't you say do... He's looking to fluck.

How old are you and why do you keep trying to justify this? If you really want to do it then do it (sounds a little groupie-ish that you now had to throw in he's some big southern rap producer bc that makes him real fancy everyone knows those are the biggest gentlemen around).... this just makes it even MORE obvious that this dude is looking for a :censored: receptacle and not much else... if that's what you want then go for it! Just don't labor under the delusion that dude is trying to get to know you or cares :lol:

I told him I didn't know that they had re-released Love Jones at the movie theater and wanted to know where we were going to see it. He said I wanted you to come here and watch it. I told him I think it would be inappropriate. He asked Why? I said because I don't really know you like that. He said Well, what would be appropriate? I said Anywhere in public, like a movie theatre or park. He said So you just want me to spend some money? And it went haywire from there.

Yeah he sounds like that dude who complains about gold diggers...cus a lady wants to go OUT on a first date.

What an arse...I hope you were all the way turned off. Think about it, an itelligent gentlemen is already aware of what a respectful woman would opt for. The mere fact that he showed or pretended like he couldnt understand your reason for not wanting to go to his home shows that he does not care what a woman thinks or feels. Cannot even empathise...now maybe I'm reading too much into his reaction...but my reading too deeply has saved me from more disasters than not.

How old are you and why do you keep trying to justify this? If you really want to do it then do it (sounds a little groupie-ish that you now had to throw in he's some big southern rap producer bc that makes him real fancy everyone knows those are the biggest gentlemen around).... this just makes it even MORE obvious that this dude is looking for a :censored: receptacle and not much else... if that's what you want then go for it! Just don't labor under the delusion that dude is trying to get to know you or cares :lol:

I didn't go but wanted to include more info because I thought it would be helpful to the flow of discussion. Given that I had an inkling that he may have had some funds to take me out, I didn't want to come off like a gold digger. I am way too old to engage in such shenanigans and so is he. I am not & have no interest in groupie-Dom.

OT: LadyBugsy, I'm sorry, but as soon as I read your thread title confirmed by his response, I KNEW you were in Atlanta! Lord, I'm so happy to be away from there!

Sorry OP, don't DO it. I've had enough house dates (young and stupid) to know that they NEVER pan out, esp. in the A. It's an epidemic there; DON'T FALL FOR THE OKEY-DOKE! He should be wanting face time with YOU. I mean, how much does it cost to meet at Starbucks? AND if Love Jones is re-released in the theatres, then he must have the bootleg copy. So, that's how you'd want to meet up with dude? A bootleg version of a movie for a bootleg date.

Last edited:
I didn't go but wanted to include more info because I thought it would be helpful to the flow of discussion. Given that I had an inkling that he may have had some funds to take me out, I didn't want to come off like a gold digger. I am way too old to engage in such shenanigans and so is he. I am not & have no interest in groupie-Dom.

Girl, please! That's also in the playbook, esp. for BM vs. BW. "Make BW feel like they're gold diggers, while every other race of women should expect to go on a REAL date." I really feel like going on a rant, but I won't. Suffice it to say that going OUT on a date is not golddigging. Seriously, you gotta get away from those friends when it comes to men advice.

Yet they wouldnt ask a non-black woman such stupid questions. Probably get a reservation for the best restaurant in town

It's sad that your friends have been so beaten down to accept that crap

Drop his b.i.t.c.h. arse quick. If he's complaining about spending a lil money on a movie and dinner which isn't much. And if he's strapped for cash, he could make dinner and take you to a movie in the park. We have a park here in Houston that will show free movies. Nice atmosphere and not costly at all. Free museums, local attractions. Nawl son he didn't even think of other alternatives....just kickin it at the house. No understanding at all. Phuck him and move on.

I wish the word gold-digger would die a thousand deaths.

9 times out of 10, the negros using it don't even have any damn "gold" to be "diggin" for.

There are no rules when it comes to dating...

Strongly disagree.....

Women have to have standards, rules, guidelines when it comes to dating. No they don't have to be a one size fits all bill, but there are certain dos and donts and chilling, kicking it at a man's house in the initial stages of dating is not appropriate and sets the standard for future interactions. Women have REALLY fallen for whatever when it comes to men and dating. They need to step up their game and women MUST demand it.

OP please drop this dude. That is all...

Back