Holy Cow!! No more Surge for me!

Ok...I was going to try surge...but now you guys are freaking me out...
laugh.gif
Maybe when I try it... I will only spray it once a day.
smile.gif
Sorry some of you are having problems with it.
frown.gif

Boadicea, thanks for sharing your experience. My daughter experienced the same thing. I thought it was getting better and much to my suprise it has spread (the flaking). 2 days ago I shampooed her with Denorex and last night I started using a castor, jojoba, and rosemary oil blend on it. Friday, if necessary, I'm thinking about trying neosporin on it as I see you mentioned this.

How have you come along with this? Did you end up going to the dermatologist? What ended up working for you in getting rid of this?

In case you don't see this thread, I think I better PM as a precautionary measure.

Sorry to hear about the Surge Problems.
frown.gif
I think I had the beginnings of something similar.) I used it for three days (2x's a day) w/no problems and then my scalp started feeling very sensitive so I laid of the Surge while doing Daily CO washes for about 4 days. I'm a bit headed though so I started again w/the Surge but only once a day while following the application w/WGO. I haven't had any problems since. In my Surge bottle I now have some WGO mixed w/it. It works great. I'm up to twice a day with no problems.

Hopefully Spagirl your daughter's condition will clear up quickly.

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with the Surge. I'm not having any adverse reactions to it though. I use it 2 x day morning and at night oil my scalp every other day, spray scurl daily and rinse with conditioner at least once every day great results and growth strength.

ok now I'm getting really really scared!!!!!!!! I ordered a bottle of surge and it's getting here on tuesday... I had not read all this before purchasing it and now I really am scared
perplexed.gif
anyways... I guess I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens...

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Say it ain't so! I just order 2 bottles after reading all the raves about it on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAME HERE!
frown.gif
shocked.gif

I just got their whole line in the mail....I will use all of their products til they run out and I wont use a whole lot...I will post if I have any problems too....this stuff is supposed to be very strong, but i wish that it was not so strong as to cause this kind of problem.....

Not everyone has problems with Surge. I haven't and I've been using it since December 03. But to be on the safe side you should probably test it out on a small area first.
smile.gif

I had some sensitivity initially (the first week), however since then I've not had any problems with it.

I also had problems with Surge. This product is not for everyone, on the other hand my mother-in-law has had great results with Surge. In the meantime I'm just staying with the products that works for me & that's FAST shampoo/conditioner, Black & Sassy Tea Tree Triple Gro, Freeda Biotin 5mg & B complex 50. I've been using these products for 10 months now & have gained a little over 8 inches. I am very happy with my progress.

I have very sensitive skin. Whenever the surge has spilled onto my ears, it causes them to be quite irritated and itchy. So I put neutralizer shampoo on my ears. Worked great.

[ QUOTE ]
KinkyCurly said:
I had the same experience! The nape of my neck on one side feels raw(almost like a scratch or a rash). There was no problem on any other part of my scalp. It occured to me just yesterday that it must be caused by the Surge. I am done with it.

When I used it once a day (when I remembered) there was no problem. As soon as I began using it twice daily, the problems began.

[/ QUOTE ]

something like this happened to me except it didnt crust. ive been using surge since october/november and have had no problems. im thinking maybe certain batches are bad? im going to find out the batch number and maybe some of us got a bad set.

Wow, I'm glad to be reading this thread. I haven't tried it yet, but still is planning on too. I just hope that this problem just have to do with allergy issues and not like that 'Rio' mishap that happen a few years ago. Anybody remember that.

[ QUOTE ]
Pookie25 said:
I just hope that this problem just have to do with allergy issues and not like that 'Rio' mishap that happen a few years ago. Anybody remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Yeah - my aunt lost a lot of hair behind that mess. I've been using Surge for about two months now with no problems. I'm never the first one to jump on a bandwagon but I always get there eventually after I'm sure its's OK
cool.gif

A couple of suggestions:

1. I like the idea of the shampoo on the ears. After Surge use, everyone should make sure that they CLEAN their hairline area of the Surge, i.e. around face, neck and ears with something so that the product doesn't remain on the skin. Most of us are using something on our scalps along with the Surge, but are we wiping/cleaning the rest of our skin that comes in contact with the Surge?

2. Send a copy of this thread to Surge

3. Start off using sparingly, maybe once a day or every other day versus twice.

4. Whenever anyone's having problems with a product, start a thread like this one. I noticed several of you had experienced this type of problem with Surge, however, previously I believe the majority of the threads raved about it. Please note that I DO like it, but we need to hear both sides of the story so that potential purchasers can make an educated choice.

Thanks,
Tal

Something similar happened to me. I've been using Surge for about 6 weeks and the scalp right above my ears and at the nape of my neck is really red and sore. Not to mention the huge flakes it gave me. On the other hand my hair has grown ALOT. I think I'll try using less of it and try it every other day instead of twice a day.

Yikes!! I've done a patch test, so tomorrow i'll see what's up, however, it seems like these reactions can come days after? Scary!
x

How do u all know that its Surge causing your scalp to have problems??? I just started using Surge on May 1st, 2004 because I heard it increases hair growth and fills in thin areas. Are you allergic to a certain ingredient in Surge? Are you overusing it?

I just bought Surge today and now I'm too scared to use it.
frown.gif

I do have a sensitive scalp and I don't have to use oil on it. It says healthy on it's own since I don't have a dry scalp. Flaking and irritation sound very scary to me.
I think I may have an unused bottle that will end up being up for trade....
confused.gif

So I have a question for the ladies who've surged and had no problems...Do you think the S-curl or Oils help reduce this type of reaction or no?? maybe the scalp needs to be well moisturized after the usage of this product to prevent dryness and irritation....me and Mikeysgurl810 have been talking about this product and she's being the test dummy..we'll see what happens in a few days with her..lol

Well, I've only been Surging for a week now and I had no irritations.

My only problem is that it is waving up my roots near the crown of my head, which looks kind of weird.
ohwell.gif

I moisturize with Shea Butter and/or Olive Oil cream after Surging always...so maybe that's why no irritation.

Actually, every time I used Surge my scalp would itch a little more than usual for a short period of time. It wasn't enough for me to notice what was going on; and after I put JCS serum in my hair, I unconsciously noticed it stopped. But sometimes I'm so clueless so I don't know if my hair and scalp were really itching b/c of the Surge or b/c I started reading about others. Either way, I con't to use it.

I just started using surge and I havn't had any problems yet thank god, and thats kinda funny b/c my skin is very very sensitive to alot of things. what I do is put shea butter on my ears first and then I oil my scalp with jojoba oil then I spray on the surge I hope this helps good luck if you want continue to use the surge

I've just started surging, but I did a patch test for two days first.

I moisturize the scalp with motion oil 9 first, then surge, I did notice itching, but it stopped after about 2mins.

x

Today is the 5th day that I've been using Surge twice a day. I have a TWA and I just spray it all over my head, then follow up with shea butter oil and SCurl. My scalp is normally itchy and dry, but I've had no problems at all. My hair has been soft all day and my curl definition is good. I'm definitely on the lookout for problems, though, and at the first sign of any negative reaction I'll stop using it. So far, so good.

My hair has been soft as well and today is the 6th day of using Surge. I love it and cant wait to see growth results in a few weeks.

Back