Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol

BlueNile

Has anyone tried this? How did it work for you? Is cholesterol a protein? I bought some yesterday and it's on my hair right now.

Thanks Ladies

I tried it once with added EVOO. My hair was so soft it was borderline mushy. I think it's because I left it on too long. It's definitely the business. Let me know how it works for you. I haven't tried it without the added EVOO.

This is one my favorite cholesterols, but due to me trying to narrow my DC down to one product; I'm sticking with my Lustrasilk. I did love the shine i achieved with this stuff, but it didn't give me that "slip" I look for in deep conditioners (or any conditioner for that matter.)

Adding EVOO as per Esq.2B's advice seems like it'd be a good experiment.

I love the stuff too!

Smells yummy and is very moisturizing. You can use it as a DC and a leave in (read the instructions and you'll see that it's supposedly a leave in conditioner)

Cholesterol is NOT a protein. It's a lipid, a fat. When the doctor says you have too much cholesterol in your blood and it's clogging your arteries, he doesn't mean you have a build up of protein. That is some weird old wives tale that I keep seeing on the hair board... it's strange that it's so widespread in such a knowledgable place.

It is true that most cholesterols have some sort of light protein (silk, wheat, etc...) in the formula, but that's true of many conditioners. Once again, cholesterol is not a protein :)

Some may be classified as protein conditioners, but none of the ones I've seen (Lustrasilk, Hollywood Beauty, Queen Helene, Lekair) I would say had enough protein in it or hard enough protein to be classified as a protein treatment.

I love the stuff too!

Smells yummy and is very moisturizing. You can use it as a DC and a leave in (read the instructions and you'll see that it's supposedly a leave in conditioner)

Cholesterol is NOT a protein. It's a lipid, a fat. When the doctor says you have too much cholesterol in your blood and it's clogging your arteries, he doesn't mean you have a build up of protein. That is some weird old wives tale that I keep seeing on the hair board... it's strange that it's so widespread in such a knowledgable place.

It is true that most cholesterols have some sort of light protein (silk, wheat, etc...) in the formula, but that's true of many conditioners. Once again, cholesterol is not a protein :)

Some may be classified as protein conditioners, but none of the ones I've seen (Lustrasilk, Hollywood Beauty, Queen Helene, Lekair) I would say had enough protein in it or hard enough protein to be classified as a protein treatment.

thanks! I conditioned and my hair and it feels very soft! I do know my hair doesn't like too much moisture or else it gets mushy. My hair likes a good balance

Last edited:
I love HB Olive Oil Cholesterol. When I was transitioning a few years back this was the only conditioner that worked for me. It melted my new growth. I makes my hair so soft. I like to mix it with coconut oil sometimes too. It is an execellent conditioner and its cheap too.

I refuse to use anything by hollywood beauty. I use to use the carrot oil and creme, and it dried my hair terribly. I think it contained mineral oil. But other ladies seem to like this brand. Give it a shot. It may work for you!

Last edited:
Well, it's the next day. The aftermath. After conditioning with this, my hair is somewhat dry, brittle and tangly :ohwell: I made a deal with myself to always use up the conditioners I buy so I will be mixing this with other stuff to get rid of it.

Please someone recommend a good cholesterol condish?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I refuse to use anything by hollywood beauty. I use to use the carrot oil and creme, and it dried my hair terribly. I think it contained mineral oil. But other ladies seem to like this brand. Give it a shot. It may work for you!

Eh it didn't work too good :perplexed see above

Well, it's the next day. The aftermath. After conditioning with this, my hair is somewhat dry, brittle and tangly :ohwell: I made a deal with myself to always use up the conditioners I buy so I will be mixing this with other stuff to get rid of it.

Please someone recommend a good cholesterol condish?

Thanks!

Awww, that's too bad. Eh, things work differently for different heads of hair.

Lustrasilk Aloe is good. There is a Shea Butter one that is good, I believe it's by Lustrasilk, but it may be by Lekair.

The good thing about experimenting with cholesterol conditioners is that they are very cheap so it's not hurting your pockets, that's one positive.

Awww, that's too bad. Eh, things work differently for different heads of hair.

Lustrasilk Aloe is good. There is a Shea Butter one that is good, I believe it's by Lustrasilk, but it may be by Lekair.

The good thing about experimenting with cholesterol conditioners is that they are very cheap so it's not hurting your pockets, that's one positive.

Exactly! I remember when I was a PJ my hair thrived even though it didn't like a lot of the stuff I was trying, but I think because it was getting a mixture of different things.

Your hair is so thick and pretty BTW! :yep:

Exactly! I remember when I was a PJ my hair thrived even though it didn't like a lot of the stuff I was trying, but I think because it was getting a mixture of different things.

Your hair is so thick and pretty BTW! :yep:

Thank you! :bighug:

Yeah, I think as long as you are using things that have good ingredients and aren't too potent, you won't have a setback just because it's not the perfect product for you.

DIDO!!!! Mineral oil bad. Natural oil good.:lachen:

I try to use up all my products.

This was the first deep conditioner I have ever thrown out. It was horrible once it dried.

Back