Holiday Party Edition: Men Do Shady Mess Too, It's Not Just The Random Platefixers.

FemmeFatale

So very rarely do I cook for people's dinner parties, we bring liquor and KIM but this time I decided to help out my male cousin at the last min and make mac and cheese. SO and I arrived a little late and the moment I walked in, the guys grabbed the tray I made. Five minutes later the guys were yelling, like yooo Femme you made this? this is BANGIN! Just very loud and extra about it. My SO made a face too cause they gave him the hold on to her look.

One guy in particular made a whole big to do about it and then embarrassed his partner (who was holding an infant baby) by saying she doesn't know how to make it. I felt bad and interjected quickly saying to her that I just learned how to make it myself, Haitians don't make baked mac and cheese the same way and my American friends gave me the plug.

I'm not a fool, my mac and cheese is good but not enough to be screaming about it AND when I finally tasted it, I assessed that it needed more mustard powder and a bit more salt. Those negros were being messy.

Would you be annoyed/mad if your husband or SO made a big to do about another woman'a dish at a dinner party?

It's worse if you are invited and show up without a beau coz you don't have one. African women give the worst side eyes on this planet. Happened to me over Thanksgiving. The fellows were like "Who made this? " Then they'd come over to me and say how good my food tasted. "Come sit and hang out with us" which is pretty much the kiss of death. I politely declined and went to chill with the old people in the living room. I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life.

As soon as I read this I said I can tooootally see my FH doing some dumb ish like this. He only eats like 10 dishes and goes crazy whenever he eats something he likes. It's ridiculous.

So I showed him this thread this morning cuz I wanted to prove myself right lol. He read the OP and didn't react at all. So I asked him what he thought. He goes "about what? About everyone not knowing how to make mac and cheese?" Yall. :dead: he was so serious so genuine. I knew it. I knew it! I said no you gotdamm idiot. that's the only thing you got out of it?! So I showed him the 1 sentence he should be focused on and told him to never do this.smdh. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As soon as I read this I said I can tooootally see my FH doing some dumb ish like this. He only eats like 10 dishes and goes crazy whenever he eats something he likes. It's ridiculous.

So I showed him this thread this morning cuz I wanted to prove myself right lol. He read the OP and didn't react at all. So I asked him what he thought. He goes "about what? About everyone not knowing how to make mac and cheese?" Yall. :dead: he was so serious so genuine. I knew it. I knew it! I said no you gotdamm idiot. that's the only thing you got out of it?! So I showed him the 1 sentence he should be focused on and told him to never do this.smdh. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: omg this convo is hilarious! I’m glad you warned him!

:lol: men are absolutely messy sometimes. It was sweet of you to try to smooth things over, I wonder if he's always a jerk like that to her. Are they married? You said partner not wife so I'm curious.

It was unclear to me what the status was so that’s why I said partner.

Slightly jealous but not pissed. I’d be more bothered if she didn’t share the recipe after me asking for it.

ETA: if I k knew he didn’t care for my Mac and cheese or if I already knew it wasn’t good, I wouldn’t be upset. What I would have said to him after he announced his dislike was “babe imma make you a batch tomorrow — the original no changes to my recipe :lol:

Last edited:
This reminded me of the time that my uncle requested an oxtail dinner made with my moms recipe. My mom went to go show my auntie how to make it and her husband was like "un unh" I dont want no experimental dinner :nono: . Just let her make it. My mom went ahead and sent him a pot. Not sure if my auntie was salty about it, but she didnt seem to mind :look:

This reminded me of the time that my uncle requested an oxtail dinner made with my moms recipe. My mom went to go show my auntie how to make it and her husband was like "un unh" I dont want no experimental dinner :nono: . Just let her make it. My mom went ahead and sent him a pot. Not sure if my auntie was salty about it, but she didnt seem to mind :look:

He TRIED it!

I'm not a fool, my mac and cheese is good but not enough to be screaming about it AND when I finally tasted it, I assessed that it needed more mustard powder and a bit more salt. Those negros were being messy.

Mustard powder you say?

651a3c6f16f74b85617b429ae48a0151.gif

I've never heard of this being used? YOU SHARIN THE RECIPE? I LIKE A LIL VARIETY IN MY MAC & CHEESE

BEYONCE-GIF-14.gif

Back