HOLD UP!!!!! FREE? FULL SIZE?

Ok I'm back (rushed to WF as soon as I read this thread :look:). They were out of AO HSR! I really wanted to try it! I already have my fave SLS-free shampoo in Kirkland (Costco brand), so now I'm looking for a conditioner. I live a mile from WF, so I'll try again soon. :sekret:

:blush:Did you have food already in your cart? Cuz it would look really trifflin if people came in and didn't buy some stuff looking for free hair products. But you know how we do smh.

Last edited:
hmm, whatcha say now, free? I will def holla at them next week. So do you just ask for a sample or do you word it differently? Cuz in the past I've asked for samples of stuff and been given just a sample so do I need to hint that I want a whole bottle..?lol

WOW I guess its hit or miss IDK but this whole food is now my favorite store......LOL I am sorry some people only got tiny ones..
@Charz you know I don't think I did at the time.... I only had a basket I had been looking for maple syrup because I am starting a MC and I had gone over to her and then forgot what I wanted to ask (because I am mrs magoo) and started looking at AO stuff she asked me if I needed anything (I think I looked confused) I kind of fumbled and said no not really I'm just. umm ... oh do you give samples of conditioner? I read that online somewhere Blah blah and she gave it to me! :) .... I had to ask someone else about the syrup because I was flustered.. Then I got some soup and sushi and syrup and left....Maybe she knew I was going to buy..like I had a hungry vibe or maybe she just thought I was simple! LOL IDK....... :D

:blush:Did you have food already in your cart? Cuz it would look really trifflin if people came in and didn't buy some stuff looking for free hair products. But you know how we do smh.

Was this post to me? If so, I headed there first to see if they had the product. If they had it, I was going to buy my usuals (that I already have at home :lachen:). But they didn't have it, so I didn't spend any $$.

Was this post to me? If so, I headed there first to see if they had the product. If they had it, I was going to buy my usuals (that I already have at home :lachen:). But they didn't have it, so I didn't spend any $$.

Post wasn't to anyone directly, if it was I would have quoted you :yep:

OMG not Anita Grant, I forget the womens name but she is a white woman with curly hair and she has a shampoo, conditioner and a leave in and maybe one or two other products.

The woman gave me the full size shampoo of the line

Girl you had me super excited!! Oh well, carry on ladies...

:lachen: I might head there on Monday and check it out. I've only been there once and almost everyone that worked there was a uni kid.

Thanks for the tip!

Lol op can you ummm request this to go in OT cause I really need to try to get a free large sample.....well yeah you know :)

^^^ Yeah good idea Ummm if a Mod reads this could you hide this for us in off topic I get generous when excited but greedy when it comes down to it! LOL Thanks MUCH XOXOXo

Man, wish I had known when I was nearby a Whole Foods while out of town visiting because I don't have one in my immediate area.

OK a few years ago I read a thread that said whole foods gave out free samples of hair/body products if you asked..... I assumed they meant a small plastic souffle cup filled with product...
OH NO! THEY GIVE YOU THE FULL SIZE BOTTLE!! FREE!! :grin:
Yep! That's right your eyes are not deceiving you I said FULL SIZE!!
I was there today and I have been wanted to try giovanni's leave in and I remember the thread. I had never asked before because I never thought they'd give me as much condish as I needed to really sample anything but I figured it would be enough leave in....
This girl (a darling young girl named Val with dreads) just threw a sticker on it that said complements of Val from whole foods and said I hope you like it....<ZOINKS!> :blush:
I questioned her if this was my Christmas present, was she related to Santa..Nope! That is their everyday policy!! INSANE!
I have said this before you ladies need to be more specific some of us (me) are slow....:lachen:

good looking out OP I know trader joes does the exact same thing

they gave me two full bottles (shampoo & conditioner)

Good luck everyone I hope it works for you I guess it works differently per store....I will have to try that trader joe's thing thanks @tHehaIRLab !

This worked for my sister a couple years ago. We thought the guy just had a little crush on her lol. She was buying some products and asked about a hair mask (sorry I don't remember any names right now) and the guy gave her the full sized mask for free.

Thanks for the info, I wonder how many things I can sample at once. I've been wanting to try Giovanni Smooth as Silk poo and conditioner.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

Ok I am weekly shopper at WholeFoods and after reading another post about free samples, I tried it at one of the WholeFoods I shop at The girl acted like she didn't know what in the world I was talking about...lol. Maybe I will try another one.

I just can't wait for a whole foods to come to my area so that I can try this policy out!

Back