Hold it! -- The Hairspray Thread

Do you use hairspray?

• Nope. Never did.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I used to, but I haven't in a long time.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Every blue moon.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I use hairspray regularly

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Victorian

old head
Does anyone still use hairspray? What kind?
I remember I used to use Pantene flexible hold back in the day...
I'm contemplating getting something for hold on special hair occasions. I don't want super hard hold or anything, just something to help keep a curl...

Do tell!

No, I never use it...but I bought some Aveda Brillance (medium hold) just in case. I needed "hold" for a special occasion one day and didn't have any hair spray at all! After that, I bought an "emergency" bottle.

I used to use some sticky stuff from the BSS back in the day...can't remember the name of it.

Dove makes this really light great hairspray that doesn't weigh my fine strands down-I've used it on curly styles, like bantu knot-outs, twistouts, and roller sets. it's great stuff.

I use Aveda Air Control. It's a really lite holding spray that I use every once in awhile when I really want the curls to stay in my hair.

I use Pantene Pro-V Frizz Control sometimes when I'm afraid my ABU cover is going to be jacking up my hair. But I am almost out, and will likely try something else when I do, just to.

I use Aussi Sprunch as a finish for my wash n gos. (That and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration). It's not for everyone but it works for me. After I use it, I don't brush or comb my hair til the next co wash.

I like Tresemme's non-aerosol hairspray. I can control how strong of a hold I get by how far I hold it from my hair. Only thing that sucks is it smells like pure alcohol.

I can't recall the last time I used hairspray...it was well before I began to transitioning. Even then, I only used it for those rare moments I needed that extra umph! I can't recall what I used...I don't think it was all that great for/to my hair. For some reason "White Rain" sticks out. My Lord in heaven! I was soo lost.

But I digress...I can;t see too much opf a reason now (or otherwise) to incorporate a hair spray into the mix. But having one on hand for that 9-1-1 situation wouldn't hurt...interested to see what/if we all use.

~S~

I use Paul Mitchell Super Clean Medium Hold Hairspray on special occasions. I love it and its called super clean for a very good reason, no hardness stickiness or crunchiness. I really like it on my hair and weave.

Last edited:
Sebastian Laminates Spray. I don't know if it's good for your hair, but I rarely use it and I like it!
This is what I use when I do a 'dry curl'. After I roll my hair (without rollers) and clip in place, I spray each section with this and leave curls in for about 1 1/2 hours, then when I take them down, my hair is bouncy and full! It keeps my hair soft...never hard at all.

Yep! I use CHI medium hold hairspray. It's pretty good, easy to come and wash out. I use it everytime I do a rollerset of any kind.

I use Aveda Air Control. It's a really lite holding spray that I use every once in awhile when I really want the curls to stay in my hair.
Love your siggy pic. Gorgeous! Do you have an album.

Back on topic, I used hairspray before I started my hair journey. I do wanna get some for when I need my hairstyle to hold. Thanks for the thread OP.

Love your siggy pic. Gorgeous! Do you have an album.

Back on topic, I used hairspray before I started my hair journey. I do wanna get some for when I need my hairstyle to hold. Thanks for the thread OP.

Ohh, thank you! Yeap, I have a small album. If you click on my member name, it's titled "Random Hair".

Kenra Volumizing Hairspray - Forget the volumizing part, it is the best in terms of keeping your hairstyle in place, even if you are natural!

I use aussie sydney smooth. Its a 12 hour anit- humidity flexible hold hair spray. I used it for my trip to Florida and I works wonderfully in the Texas heat when I use my curlformers.

I used to use hairspray daily, but over time (before my official HHJ) I found that it dried my hair out, plus I always hated that crunchy feeling. At this point I have no interest in it unless I'm going to be involved in a formal event...like a wedding or something where flyaways would be preserved for posterity.

I use Aussie Mega hairspray. It smells really good, sometimes I just spray it on my clothes :grin: and it doesn't leave a residue but it has good hold (not hard/crunchy)

Does anyone still use hairspray?

I use a few namely:-

Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray
Moroccanoil
Elnett
Oribe Royal Blowout
And I've just bought the one from T'weaked

I don't use them a lot though, only when I've done a heat style and I want to keep a nice hold.

Back