Hmmm.....warming conditioner before use - what's your take on this?

isioma85

I tried something different and warmed my conditioner + coconut oil mix before applying it (as a deep con after a co-wash). I used a shower cap for about an hour, and then rinsed. Much softer hair was the result.

I find it helps the oil mix with the conditioner a lot easier too. Anyone else tried this? I'd especially like to hear from my 4z heads out there. :D

I do this (been doing it for a while). I find it much easier than sitting under a dryer for a deep conditioning. Anything to save a little time is good for me. :D

I warm my ORS paks up before putting them on. It's easier than sitting under the dryer and it seems to work better on my hair that way.

I always warm either my conditioner or the oil and honey that I mix into my conditioner. I put it on under a plastic cap and a hot towel fromm the dryer. It works beautifully.:)

Wow, you guys have just given me a good idea. I don't have a hooded dryer, so I would actually blowdry on top of my shower cap to deep condition :lol:

I usally do this with my deep conditioners or prepoos i mix it with oil and put it in the microwave put it on my head and put a cap over it. It leaves my hair very soft.

I used to do this and I don't know why I stopped. I'm definitely going to be trying this next deep conditioning cycle.

4Z checkin in, i do this all the time cos I hate sitting under the dryer, it works just as well if you ask me

breezy said:
Wow, you guys have just given me a good idea. I don't have a hooded dryer, so I would actually blowdry on top of my shower cap to deep condition :lol:

Me too, only my "shower cap" is a plastic bag. :lol: I'm going to have to try this next time I deep condition...

I may have to try this out soon because my heat cap is getting on my nerves. How are you ladies heating your conditioner? Do you measure a lot out and then heat that or do you heat the whole container and then measure out a little at a time?

B_Phlyy said:
I may have to try this out soon because my heat cap is getting on my nerves. How are you ladies heating your conditioner? Do you measure a lot out and then heat that or do you heat the whole container and then measure out a little at a time?

I just pour some out into a small plastic cup and then heat.

B_Phlyy said:
I have a special 'conditioner bowl' that I use, it's the size of a cereal bowl, plastic, you can get em 3 for a buck at the dollar store. I put in whatever amount of conditioner I want to use, put in the oil and whatever else I'm adding, and heat for maybe 20seconds. After heating the consistency gets a lot lighter, and you can mix with something small like a bobby pin while you wait for it to cool a little.

I then apply to the hair, and put on the plastic cap. It always steams up and even after an hour still feels fairly warm!

All kinds of light bulbs went off when I read. Such a great idea. And now I don't have to drag out my dryer just for my DC's when I'm going to airdry after I'm finished.

That is such a cool (or should I say warm) idea! :) I bet it feels really nice going on, too; verses the ice cold stuff right out of the jar - :lol: I like the idea of not having to pull out the monster dryer too! I'm going to have to give that a try next wash night.

isioma85 said:
I have a special 'conditioner bowl' that I use, it's the size of a cereal bowl, plastic, you can get em 3 for a buck at the dollar store. I put in whatever amount of conditioner I want to use, put in the oil and whatever else I'm adding, and heat for maybe 20seconds. After heating the consistency gets a lot lighter, and you can mix with something small like a bobby pin while you wait for it to cool a little.

I then apply to the hair, and put on the plastic cap. It always steams up and even after an hour still feels fairly warm!

That's what I do, and I like to add raw honey to my concoction, oooh, la la!!!!! (sometimes I mash up an over ripe avacodo and add to the mix with enough conditioner to make the consistency nice and thick)

I wonder if this works on natural hair too. I know it works on my stinky challenge pre poo mix.:scratchch

Blkbeautyhair said:
All kinds of light bulbs went off when I read. Such a great idea. And now I don't have to drag out my dryer just for my DC's when I'm going to airdry after I'm finished.

Exactly! I can't wait to try this next week.

Finally something from this board I can try that won't cost me anything! :yay:

isioma85 said:
I tried something different and warmed my conditioner + coconut oil mix before applying it (as a deep con after a co-wash). I used a shower cap for about an hour, and then rinsed. Much softer hair was the result.

I find it helps the oil mix with the conditioner a lot easier too. Anyone else tried this? I'd especially like to hear from my 4z heads out there. :D

Yes, I do this when I pre poo! I mix conditioner with oil and heat it in the microwave, I agree it does mix a lot better and it softens the hair :)
When I DC, I usually sit under a hooded dryer for 15-30 min.

breezy said:

I thought I was the only one that did this.

alexstin said:
I usually do this instead of sitting under the dryer with conditioner on.
Ya'll so smart, pretty and smart what a great combination!! I'm doing this the next time I DC!

isioma85 said:

4z here...lol. I have never tried it but I will next time.

I usually warm my DC as well. I've also taken to wrapping it in a warm towel, then putting a plastic bag over it for 15-20 minutes then rinse with cool water.

-A

sprungonhairboards said:
Exactly! I can't wait to try this next week.

Finally something from this board I can try that won't cost me anything! :yay:

EXACTLY....I'm pretty sure I've spent a decent portion of my salary :eek: on hair related stuff because of this board. :look: I will be trying this tommorow when I wash.

I hate sitting under the dryer....I can't hear the TV! :lol:

Back