Hit Dogs Hollering - Anti Sahms/sahws

I’m in a married women’s FB group. One of the women posted that she is a “1950’s wife” who likes to cook and clean. It was a short post. She didn’t attack anyone.
All of these women came out of the woodwork, jumping up and down saying things like, “You need to have your OWN!” (The woman said more than once that she works outside of the home.) “That’s why he’s going to cheat and leave your *** high and dry!” Et cetera And what’s worse is that the ring-leader is one of the admins! Seriously considering leaving that group. Never realized it was so negative until today.

For how I look at it, you cannot be a "1950's wife" if you work outside of the home. But we all have our own definitions and what works for us.

The thread is framed that way. The title says sahm/sahw and the women who attacked the woman are clearly talking about sahm/sahw.

Correct. Although the woman clarified several times, the women kept coming at her like she was a SAHM/SAHW. I said in a that thread that EVEN IF she were a SAHM/SAHW, it wouldn’t matter. She and her husband are handling the affairs of their house the way they see fit and they are both happy with their choices.

They shouldn't have attacked her but I agree that women should have a safety net. And I say that as a former sahm. When I left my job I rolled my 401k into an IRA and I never stopped putting money into it (and it wasn't a secret).

I'm a current SAHM and did the same thing. And still putting money into it as well. Still trying to figure out what else I should do though outside of just savings in case something happened.

That tired sigh she gave in the beginning took me out lol.
Thought of this thread while I was watching my alter ego do her thing.

I showed this to Dh and he couldn't stop laughing he kept asking me to show it to him again and send him the video.

I found the one about her being too rich to have kids and I DIED, you hear me, Everytime I watch it. I can totally relate. :lachen:

fa-VdcwDVw4

OMG, that woman is hysterical! “Some yellow transportation pulled up!” :lachen:

Is Frederick in on these videos or are these his genuine reactions when she’s talking to him? :lachen:

Back