Hip Length (HL) 2013 Challenge!!

I've been lurking around this thread, debating whether or not I had the gumption to join.

But I've decided to sign on...so count me in!

your current hair length (include photo):
I'm currently WL. Photo at end if post.

current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?)
100% nat-U-ral!

current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc):
Post partum shedding like CRAZY and a 5-month old man-cub pulling and trying to chew my hair constantly. He uses my pigtails like they're bungy cords for scaling the Mommy-rock wall.

current regimen and products:
Co-wash daily, leave-in condish, evoo, air dry

future regimen changes/plans (if any):
In the spring/summer, I'll switch EVOO to EVCO

long term plan for 2013 to reach hip:
Hoping to get some tips here. Probably lots of bunning.

post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc):
Keep growing until I'm HL unstreched. So I "look" HL with my WNG. Then maintain.

Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans:
Nope! HHG

Attachments

• image-2697795844.jpg
    image-2697795844.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Wow hip length unstretched? Your straight hair will be to your ankles lol!

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all!

marta9227 said:
Wow hip length unstretched? Your straight hair will be to your ankles lol!

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all!

Lol! A girl can dream!

Actually, my curl pattern is pretty loose, so I'm hoping unstreched HL can be achieved by BL.

your current hair length- in my signature [grazing MBL?]

current hair status- natural

current hair issues- some dryness, ssk's

current regimen and products-
cowash 2x per week [Suave Naturals, VO5 Moisture Milks]
DC 1x per week [cholesterol]
protective styles only, mainly mini braids
clarify 1x every 4-5 weeks [Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner, or Suave Clarifying Conditioner]
finger detangling
GHE 3x per week
LOC 2x per week
low manipulation

future regimen changes/plans- I will do a blow out for my curlyversary in May, and a flat ironing for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

long term plan for 2013 to reach hip- continuing my regimen, but I may increase cowashing to 3x per week during the summer months

post-hip plans- maintain

Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans-
Happy hair growing ladies!

I'm so in!!!! 2013 goal is 25inches,comfortable sitting at waist!

your current hair length (include photo): 18inches

current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?) : natural

current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc): thin ends

current regimen and products: braids every 2-3months, MN mix, weekly cowash, monthly DC, MSM supplement, Hairfinity, Odorless Garlic Oil supplement, Omega 3 supplement

future regimen changes/plans (if any) : none. gonna stay consistent with this until I reach my desired lenth.

long term plan for 2013 to reach hip: gonna stick it out with the braids for the entire year!

post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc) : tailbone length. thicker ends.

Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans: looking forward to making it to my goal. Even if I have to look tore up from the floor up with braids hanging like dreads. I'm doing it!

Attachments

• 10.25.12 hair.jpg
    10.25.12 hair.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 181
Reserving my spot!!!! I'd like to join!

your current hair length (include photo): WL
current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?): Natural
current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc): Shedding (weather change, perhaps?), not being able to wear my hair out and curly without tangling and knots
current regimen and products: Regimen: I do braided wet buns daily after cowashing. Plan to try and do more wash n go's if I can get a technique down where it won't tangle and knot so much. Occasionally, I wear my curls out. Every 12-16 weeks, I flat iron, trim and length check. Deep condition 1-4x a month. Protein (light) 1-2x a month. Rarely use shampoo. Products: Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, Aussie Moist conditioner, As I Am Coconut Cowash, KKKT, Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls, ORS Edge Control, Ecostyler clear gel, Joico MRB, Mixed Chicks DC.
future regimen changes/plans (if any): maybe slightly more flat ironing in winter once I reach WL & work on perfecting a technique for wearing my hair out and curly without so much hair lost to tangles and knots.
long term plan for 2013: to reach hip length
post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc): Maintain that length
Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans: Nope...just want it LONG! :)

Starting Pic:

picture.php

Last edited:
LOL! Yea right! You're already WL. I'm hoping to be WL by Dec. *fingers crossed*
I think if I took an updated pic I am grazing, but I won't straighten til the end of the year. YOU are already there! You definitely get to claim the title of a Hair Boss lol! I've been stalking you on here for awhile now lol.

I think if I took an updated pic I am grazing, but I won't straighten til the end of the year. YOU are already there! You definitely get to claim the title of a Hair Boss lol! I've been stalking you on here for awhile now lol.

We will both pray on it that we are both where we want to be by Dec. ;)

I'll join. Although I'm in need of a trim.

I'll have to post a picture in the morning. Last Hip Length thread I joined everybody ended up cutting their hair. Including you Whimsy LOL but you were pregnant so I'll give you a pass.

I'm about 1/2 inch from Hip Length. I'm going to join anyway just to see everybody's progress. Been trying to get to this goal for a VERY long time.

I'm joining! I currently have a few stetched strands at hip length but I am trimming back to waist soon. I am going for full unstretched (2c/3a) hip length in 2013!

your current hair length (include photo): almost hip
current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?): natural
current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc): post partum shedding!
shampoo 1x week with sulfate free shampoo
dc after shampoo
cowash every other day between shampoos
detangle with leave ins: oil and mixed silk leave in conditioning cream
braid to air dry and seal ends with komaza scalp conditioner
protein once a week when i need it
bun with hairstick on non cowash days
clarify and henna when i get a chance
future regimen changes/plans (if any): if i ever get a job and a life :ohwell: i will do wash and gos. i hope i will not have to cowash and detangle so often once my shedding slows down
long term plan for 2013: im really going for health over length, i hope by may (1 year after giving birth) i will see lots of little baby hairs sprouting up and can thicken up my hair
post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc): keep growing.
Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans: im trimming twice a year. protective styling every day.

I'm joining! I currently have a few stetched strands at hip length but I am trimming back to waist soon. I am going for full unstretched (2c/3a) hip length in 2013!

your current hair length (include photo): almost hip
current hair status (natural, transitioning, relaxed, texlaxed?): natural
current hair issues (dryness, breakage, etc): post partum shedding!
shampoo 1x week with sulfate free shampoo
dc after shampoo
cowash every other day between shampoos
detangle with leave ins: oil and mixed silk leave in conditioning cream
braid to air dry and seal ends with komaza scalp conditioner
protein once a week when i need it
bun with hairstick on non cowash days
clarify and henna when i get a chance
future regimen changes/plans (if any): if i ever get a job and a life :ohwell: i will do wash and gos. i hope i will not have to cowash and detangle so often once my shedding slows down
long term plan for 2013: im really going for health over length, i hope by may (1 year after giving birth) i will see lots of little baby hairs sprouting up and can thicken up my hair
post-hip plans (maintain? keep growing? cut? etc): keep growing.
Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans: im trimming twice a year. protective styling every day.

leiah

Wha??? Cutting back to WL? PP Shedding? Huh?! :thud: (ouch...)

can i please join this challenge?

im grazing wl,pics in profile
my regimen changes like the wind so wont even bother posting :ohwell:
my goal is to make it to wl if not by december,then by early next year. Anything after that will be amazing and if i make hl by next winter it will be quite an accomplishment

Hello everyone,

I have been subscribing to a few threads but never joined. This will be my first.
I am natural for 5 yrs, but found the natural hair forums 2 yrs ago. I have seen very good progress with my hair since I started following the suggestions by those on the forum. I will try to post a picture of my current length as soon as I figure out how. I will also describe my regime. All of you are so encouraging, and my hair has never been the length that it is now.
Thank you all for your posts.

Pinky

image-1285061302.jpg

Last edited:
Uhm :look: I said I wasn't joining anymore length challenges. But all of may hair inspirations are up in here. Let me see if I make it back to MBL in December first. If so, I'll be back! LOL!

I am so down!:grin:

your current hair length WL
current hair status natural
current hair issues postpartum shedding and ssks, but now not as often
current regimen and products
1. I wash every 2 weeks using Shea Moisture Shampoo mixed with EVOO
2. DC with SE moisture conditioner w/ the white top
3. add KCKT as a leave in
4. Seal hair with whipped shea butter, cocoa butter, EVOO, Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, JBCO mix.
I do braids, twists, and buns 99% of the time. Protective styling was essential to retention.
prenatal vitamins, omega 3, Super B Complex, Biotin, garlic odorless, Vitamin C,
future regimen changes/plans DC more often
long term plan for 2013 to reach hip continue ps, dc, and s&d as needed.
post-hip plans keep growing to TBL (end goal)
Anything else you'd like to add about your hair or length goals/plans. I am looking forward to my edges coming back and the thickness to come back as well.:yep:

Last edited:
I'm an inch or less away from WL however there is no way I'm going to get to HL in a year though. My waist is a decade away from my hips. Maybe 2 years... I will stay in the challenge anyway as motivation. ;)

I think my shrinkage is starting to get to me :(

I blew my hair out the other nite to throw some chunky twists in. My hair feels so short!!!

But i pulled on one of the twists and paid attention to where it landed. The chunky twist reached BSL...so my hair might actually be right at MBL right now.

In my head i think im shoulder length. ::sigh:: i just hope to be near HL sometime next year. I will maintain either there or whip length by trimming an inch off every 3-6 months.

I feel like deep conditioning my hair...even tho i already did over the weekend.:look:

Sent from my Teleportation Device

Back