HIGH PROTEIN DIETS & HEALTHY HAIR

i did a self-study...
i was eating really bad then i started eating lots of salads with hard boiled egss... cereal with soy milk... fresh tuna... 2 avacados a week... chicken chicken chicken.... spinach spinach... peppers galore...
these were all just foods i like... i just started cooking for myself instead of eating mcds with my boyfriend...
i just wanted to lose weight but i noticed a lot of virgin hair when i was doin my hair... so i kept growing and i got a pretty big difference, and i wasnt really taking care of my hair yet... sleeping without bonnets and using mousse every day...
but it made a big difference, and my hair got shinier too

i did a self-study...
i was eating really bad then i started eating lots of salads with hard boiled egss... cereal with soy milk... fresh tuna... 2 avacados a week... chicken chicken chicken.... spinach spinach... peppers galore...
these were all just foods i like... i just started cooking for myself instead of eating mcds with my boyfriend...
i just wanted to lose weight but i noticed a lot of virgin hair when i was doin my hair... so i kept growing and i got a pretty big difference, and i wasnt really taking care of my hair yet... sleeping without bonnets and using mousse every day...
but it made a big difference, and my hair got shinier too

Awesome response. Thanks music-bnatural!

My hair became healthier when I started my flexitarian diet. Stronger, more shine, and growing like a weed. I drink several protein drinks per day. ARIA,Women's Protein by designer whey a combo of soy and whey protein. Designed especially for women. I purchase mine at the Vitamin Shoppe.

I also take a good dose of Chlorella/Spirulina that initially gave me excellent hair results. Plenty of protein from that too.

50% of my calories come from protein. My hair is strong, shiny (for a natural) and growing rapidly.

My hair became healthier when I started my flexitarian diet. Stronger, more shine, and growing like a weed. I drink several protein drinks per day. ARIA,Women's Protein by designer whey a combo of soy and whey protein. Designed especially for women. I purchase mine at the Vitamin Shoppe.

I also take a good dose of Chlorella/Spirulina that initially gave me excellent hair results. Plenty of protein from that too.

Coolbeans, mariofmagdal. But I wonder if your protein shakes will throw off my limited daily carb intake (right now I'm limiting myself to 50g per day -I'm trying to shed a good 30-50 lbs).

Ramya, where does the other 50% come from?
Oh, and BTW I NEED that puppy in your avatar. He is 2 adorable:grin:

I thought he was cute too! Unfortunately he belongs to someone else. But anyway, It's supposed to be split evenly between carbs and fat but I eat more carbs (complex) than fat. I'm going to start taking fish oil daily to make up the deficiency.

Flexitarian Diet??? Please share. And that protien shake sounds delish!!

I wanted to know too so I googled and this is what I came up with hth

Flexitarianism is a semi-vegetarian diet focusing on vegetarian food with occasional meat consumption. A self-described flexitarian seeks to decrease meat consumption without eliminating it entirely from his or her diet. There are no guidelines for how much or how little meat one must eat before being classified a flexitarian.

Maintaining a high protein diet is the best thing Ive ever done for my hair. Its pretty simple but i do eat a lot. For breakfast I have eggs, sausage, fruit, protein shake and water. After breakfast I snack snack on fruits, nuts or yogurt. For lunch I have chicken, tuna, or turkey in a salad or with some type of greens. After I snack on cottage cheese and a banana or some other fruit. Dinner is pretty similar to lunch and of course I'll have a snack after dinner. I drinks tons of WATER with every meal as well.

Back