High Protein diet = 2 Inches in 1 Month – Week 1

MonaRae

Good day ladies! Today is the official start to our 2 Inches in one month.
Feel free to post how many grams of protein you are eating each day. That way we can see just how much is needed individually to gain 2 inches per month.

My goal is to hit 100 grams per day.

Blessing! ;)
MonaRae

REConsul said:
Hi I'm in. My goal is 135 per day. I read that your intake should be 1g per 1lb of your body weight.

I want to do this, too but, if that's the case, I'd have to take in almost 200g per day...:eek:

How much is too much?

I was able to get in 97 gm of protein yesterday. I lose my appetite towards the end of the day so I had to drink a Zone drink which has 19 gm of protein in it.

I will certainly have a time taking in 155 gm a day. Surely there are rules to this “1 gram per pound” thing. Is this just for body builder or for the average Jane?

I will try to research this issue and get back with you.

MonaRae

You're supposed to get 1g of protein per pound? I used the protein calculator that someone here posted (in the original high protein challenge thread) and it said that I need about 80g/day. By the way, I don't weigh anywhere near 80lbs.

Phoenix said:
You're supposed to get 1g of protein per pound? I used the protein calculator that someone here posted (in the original high protein challenge thread) and it said that I need about 80g/day. By the way, I don't weigh anywhere near 80lbs.

Hi Phoenix,

Here is a website on high protein diets. This is where I got my information from. Also, on the back of many of the protein shakes, they describe the intake of 1g per 1lb of body weight.

http://www.intense-workout.com/protein_diet.html

I am aiming for around 100 a day with 2-3 eggs,1-2 cans of tuna, 1 can of salmon (sp?) a day. Is there any way to make the salmon taste better? Eating it straight from the can is hard. Please share recipes.

Thanks

OnPoint said:
I am aiming for around 100 a day with 2-3 eggs,1-2 cans of tuna, 1 can of salmon (sp?) a day. Is there any way to make the salmon taste better? Eating it straight from the can is hard. Please share recipes.

Thanks

My grandmother used to make salmon cakes and salmon loaf (made exactly like meatloaf with eggs and breadcrumbs). Years ago, I used to make salmon burgers from canned salmon.

so can you explain the challenge and how to do this?? I am interested in growing 2 inches per month and achieving waistlength in a year!

Isis said:
My grandmother used to make salmon cakes and salmon loaf (made exactly like meatloaf with eggs and breadcrumbs). Years ago, I used to make salmon burgers from canned salmon.

Yes. I do this with mine as well just without the bread crumbs. Season it with salt and pepper, add some eggs, brown on both sides, and you got a Salmon patty.

Amorette

We are just eating a high protein diet. Each person has a personal goal on the amount of protein they will eat.

It was said that 1 gram of protein is needed for each pound you weight. I currently weight 154 pound and I just can’t image eating 154 grams of protein so I aim for 100. Most days I go over and I am ok with that.

Also, JazzAngel was the first person that I know of to report gaining 2 inches of growth in one month by eating a high protein diet. She also ran 7 miles a day. I’m good if I can do .5 miles without stopping. This would be me “need air… can’t breath…” if I even tried to run 2 miles. Ahahaha

I was planning to create a new thread weekly but not many people were responding so I decided not to.

Feel free to post as often as you like.

Here is a sample of what I eat:

Breakfast – 3 egg whites (extra large eggs @ 7 gm of protein each) 21 gm of protein
Lunch – Baked chicken (8 oz) 52 grams of protein
Dinner – Tuna (2.5 oz) 37.5 grams of protein

There’s more, I just listed the protein.

MonaRae

MonaRae said:
Amorette

We are just eating a high protein diet. Each person has a personal goal on the amount of protein they will eat.

It was said that 1 gram of protein is needed for each pound you weight. I currently weight 154 pound and I just can’t image eating 154 grams of protein so I aim for 100. Most days I go over and I am ok with that.

Also, JazzAngel was the first person that I know of to report gaining 2 inches of growth in one month by eating a high protein diet. She also ran 7 miles a day. I’m good if I can do .5 miles without stopping. This would be me “need air… can’t breath…” if I even tried to run 2 miles. Ahahaha

I was planning to create a new thread weekly but not many people were responding so I decided not to.

Feel free to post as often as you like.

Here is a sample of what I eat:

Breakfast – 3 egg whites (extra large eggs @ 7 gm of protein each) 21 gm of protein
Lunch – Baked chicken (8 oz) 52 grams of protein
Dinner – Tuna (2.5 oz) 37.5 grams of protein

There’s more, I just listed the protein.

MonaRae

Hi Mona Raye...do you eat a chicken breast or just what ever piece(s) equal 8 oz?

Marie170

I eat only chicken breast. I don't like dark meat and I am not sure of the protein count for it.

Chicken breast however is 26 grams per 4 oz. I also only buy free range vegetarian feed chickens. This may have something to do with the protein count.

MonaRae

MonaRae said:
Marie170

I eat only chicken breast. I don't like dark meat and I am not sure of the protein count for it.

Chicken breast however is 26 grams per 4 oz. I also only buy free range vegetarian feed chickens. This may have something to do with the protein count.

MonaRae

I only like white meat too...I had no idea that beef has such a high protein count...I don't know how big of a beef eater you are but a 16oz Porterhouse steak has about 110 grams..I only managed to eat a little more than half which was probably around 60 or 70 grams.

Oh I see...I started a thread called 2 inches in 2 months --go check it out -- what the ladies on there that are getting 2 inch results are doing is mostly vitamins and using mtg...maybe we can merge the two threads - "2 inches in 2 months"...

Amorette - I read it. You are right they are bascially the same.

Alexei - I'm don't eat beef or pork. I give them up about 12 years ago. But if you ate 16 oz of chicken breast you would get 104 grams of protein. I can just 8 oz per sitting.

What are the other benefits of a high protein diet besides hair growth? Is there an increase in energy?

p1

Hi, I've read 1g per 1lb. I'm going for 135gr. I started about two weeks ago. Xtra benefits - I sprained my ankle 8 weeks ago and it is only within the last week that I feel much better. My energy level is also up. Unfortunately, those darn protein drinks are disgusting but they give me the quick fix that I need.

OnPoint said:

Thanks

Well I got a couple of recipes but I don't think there low fat. One way to make salmon taste better is to make salmon pattys or salmon croquetts. It involes frying but um there good. You could also make a salad just like you would make tuna salad ( I would'nt use pickle reliesh), but add spice like cayenne and garlic powder and onion powder, you can eat this alone, over crackers or with pasta ( preferably whole wheat) corkscrews noodles. For more details on recipes with great tast visit Chitterling.com, look for the search option. and then type in Salmon as a main ingrediant.

I don't think I gave it enough time. I only eat poultry and seafood and most of the time its just chicken. I'm sure I got tried of all that chicken and stoped prematurely.

Back