Hide Your Hair Til July 4th 2007 Challenge!!!!!!

Sign me up! I was very motivated by the April's Fool's thread! I'm getting braids on Wednesday. I will take pics of my hair and use it as a starting point.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies,

Now that we have revealed our hair for the April Fool's challenge, it's time to get back to hiding for our next installment in the HYH Challenge series.
I hope everyone from the last 2 HYH challenges will be joining us again and that we'll have new challengers.

Challenge Rules:
  • Simply hide your hair in whatever style you choose. Just keep the length of your hair hidden. Keep it hidden from as many people as possible (family, friends, coworkers, etc.).
  • Keep update pictures hidden or locked from LHCFers. The purpose of this is to give everyone a nice treat at the end of the challenge. The reveal threads are soooooo motivating especially when you get to see 3 months of growth at one time.
  • You may have passes to wear your hair down for special occasions. Try not to use more than 3.
  • The challenge start today April 2nd and ends at 12am on July 4th.
  • Take a starting point pic for the reveal thread on July 4th.
  • Do whatever you normally do for your regimen in terms of washing/conditioning/moisturizing/treatments.
Challenge Payoff:
  • Length Retention!!!!! Those of us who have done the challenge already (or looked at the pictures in the reveal thread) know that this really works!
  • Everyone including (LHCFers) will get a nice treat when we get to see your hair at the end of the challenge.
I look forward to having everyone join us! Trust me this challenge really works if you stick to it!

RabiaElaine
CAPlush
MamaBraidedIt
imstush
tsmith
jaded_faerie
sunnydaze
DCBrown
e$h
Bosslady1
stilettos
Ineedhair
Kweenameena
kbody4
ThursdayGilr
growinglong777
scarcity21
song_of_serenity
msbrown76
blue_flower
VWVixxen
bmoreflyygirl
Blackoutzangel05
PME_LADY
amara11
growingbrown
Cayenne0622
amwcah
growinstrong
DenverGirl
simplycee
ak46
Brownsis
LiberianGirl
Lov3lyHair
jturner7156
Sashaa08
IvyHair
Cholet112
Iluvsmugrass

;) I'm in but i will get my hair braided by mid april and i will reveal my hair the 21 july!!!!

Count me in. I braided my hair a week ago so I dont have any April pics of my own hair I took pics in March so they will do just fine. I plan on wearing braids all year. So here a pic of the braids after one week of MTG and taking my vits I don't think these braids will last me till APril 20th.

646560281207_0_ALB.jpg

156819181207_0_ALB.jpg

374850281207_0_ALB.jpg

268750281207_0_ALB.jpg

this pic I guess will show the length i'm at now. When I take these braids down I will take a pic but I wont post it.

49520120811_0_ALB.jpg

60620120811_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited:
I can hide my hair from the board....but IRL....:sigh: that is so hard. I so want to do it though. Maybe if I can find an IW..that works for me.

senimoni said:
I can hide my hair from the board....but IRL....:sigh: that is so hard. I so want to do it though. Maybe if I can find an IW..that works for me.

No excuses Seni. We can do it together if you want. Pm me if you need style ideas (besides a bun). :lol:

Yes! I am in as soon as I get my perm this weekend!!! I will do this challenge RIGHT this time around!!! No more braids for me EVER C&G Sorry Robin... My hair can't handle it!

Please add me to this challenge. I hide my hair out of habit/laziness everyday already, but I will continue to do so under the constraints of this challenge.

hyhtjchallenge.jpg

hyhtjchallenge2.jpg

my two start pictures. not straight cause i hid my hair today!

PS: sorry for making them too big!

Count me in! Ever since I've joined this site, my hair has never looked or been healthier. I have learned so much from you ladies in such a short period of time and I am so ready for my first challenge.

Now, I just need to set up a Fotki acct and I'll be on my way!:cool:

Count me in! I'm starting my micros tomorrow. I will be wearing these braids for 3 months re-braiding the front and the back as needed. Yay! :dance7:

Raises hand! me too... I have found the perfect phony pony, theres nothing phony looking about it though. Everyone thinks its real, the girls from the bss, even the bf - he's so silly, he sees the length of my hair nearly everyday (just above shoulders) yet he was soo surprised when he saw the pony lying about (which is about 12/14 inches, thick and curly) ... he was like what the hellz is this, the look on this face was funny :lol: :lol:

anyway... count me in :)

I am so in. Hope to do this until the end of the year, so will we have one for Holloween and Christmas also?

Back