Hide Your Hair Til July 4th 2007 Challenge!!!!!!

count me in for the next one

I have to post my reveal pics for the april challenge this week, I have some trouble with my camera

I want to join but my hair is short
How can I hide my hair what styles or products could I use??

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies,

Now that we have revealed our hair for the April Fool's challenge, it's time to get back to hiding for our next installment in the HYH Challenge series.
I hope everyone from the last 2 HYH challenges will be joining us again and that we'll have new challengers.

Dang girl, are you EVER going to show your hair?!?! :lol: I can't hang with you ladies this time. It's getting warm and I am loving being natural and sportin' the wash 'n go.

I'm in!!! I'm going to finally do it this one time. After that last reveal, I am convinced that I can achieve length this way.

Funny, I'm wearing my hair in a bun right now and this is the first time in about 2 years that I've done so. I didn't even know you were gonna start up the challenge again today.

I'll post pictures when I get home.

Just one question from a hide your hair newbie: Won't bunning and wearing a ponytail all the time lead to breakage?

KAT25 said:
I want to join but my hair is short
How can I hide my hair what styles or products could I use??

How short is short?

You could try braid extensions or twist extensions, just make sure it's not too tight. And make sure you take care of your hair under there.

I am in. But I didnt do the HYH til April 1 and my next touch up is on April 28th (this would be my april 1) does this mean I cant reveal on that day like yall did for April 1 (Is that confusing)? That would frustrate everyone around me cause they have been waiting since Jan for me to get out of braids :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Ms_Twana said:
Dang girl, are you EVER going to show your hair?!?! :lol: I can't hang with you ladies this time. It's getting warm and I am loving being natural and sportin' the wash 'n go.

Yes I will show my hair...next year when I get married!:D

If my hair reaches my goal length and thickness before that then I will show it.

I wear a weave for most of these challenges so I want my own hair to reach my weave's length before I reveal it. I have until August 2008 to grow my hair to full bra-strap length. I'm just grazing APL at the ends now, so I think I'll reach BSL by the end of this year (since I only need another 3 inches for that). I figure I can use the remaining 8 months until my wedding to make my hair full BSL.:D

IvyHair said:
I'm in!!! I'm going to finally do it this one time. After that last reveal, I am convinced that I can achieve length this way.

Funny, I'm wearing my hair in a bun right now and this is the first time in about 2 years that I've done so. I didn't even know you were gonna start up the challenge again today.

I'll post pictures when I get home.

Just one question from a hide your hair newbie: Won't bunning and wearing a ponytail all the time lead to breakage?

It could if you aren't careful. However there are women on this forum who have worn buns consistently for long periods of time and have acheived GREAT lengths! Buns and ponytails aren't a requirement for this challenge. All you really need to do is find any style that protects your ends and hides your length. I personally wear weaves for most of this challenge, though I do plan to do about 50% buns and 50% weaves for this time around.

Cholet112 said:
I am in. But I didnt do the HYH til April 1 and my next touch up is on April 28th (this would be my april 1) does this mean I cant reveal on that day like yall did for April 1 (Is that confusing)? That would frustrate everyone around me cause they have been waiting since Jan for me to get out of braids :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Hey girl!

Go ahead and reveal on April 28th (that can count as your pass for this challenge).

Am I too late to join??? I want in please! I did the April fool's challenge and coasted with ease for the whole time, so much so in fact that I won't be doing a reveal for another 5 weeks minimum, if I decide to relax at 20 weeks. If that's the case, I'll opt for the same plan as Cholet112 and count that touch up as a pass for this new July challenge. Everyone did so well in the April challenge and I am absolutely dying to see my own results when I do eventuallly reveal...

Good luck everyone:)

P.S. I also won't have any new pic for a starting point other than one in my sig.

Hey, am I too late? I hope not. Please count me in!!! This is my first official "non lurking" challenge. I have a family reunion in the states I will be going to and I really want to have retained some length. I havent seen my family in over 10 years and this is the longest my hair has ever been. I have always had the shortest hair of all the "cousins" ( short, nappy and dry- so sad:( back in the day) but now I am approaching healthy,well moisturized APL. Can't wait to see their faces when I unveil my tresses!!! :D

Hi Everyone. I'm new to LHCF. This is my first post. I'm so glad to be a part of this challenge so count me in!!!

Just offering encouragement to all you HYH ladies. Looking forward to your July 4th reveals! If you're doing this next year, I may join you but I like to K.I.S.S. and I'm already in enough challenges for this year. Now go grow some hair ladies.!!! :D

keyanah said:
Hi Everyone. I'm new to LHCF. This is my first post. I'm so glad to be a part of this challenge so count me in!!!

Welcome to this challenge and to LHCF!!!!!!!! Nice to have you with us.

GoldenBreeze said:
Just offering encouragement to all you HYH ladies. Looking forward to your July 4th reveals! If you're doing this next year, I may join you but I like to K.I.S.S. and I'm already in enough challenges for this year. Now go grow some hair ladies.!!! :D

Thanks Golden!

Back