Hi Ladies - Lurker coming out of hiding...

fitnessmommy

Hi Everyone,

I just want to start off and say hola & I'm so happy to be on this forum!! I wanted to formally introduce myself and also to say THANK YOU! Before this forum I didn't know that I shouldn't heat straighten my hair daily...Before this forum I didn't know about deep conditioning or co-washes...or porosity control....or protective styling! I'm also really into vitamins now and take Biotin, MSM, Chlorella & Spirulina...all things I only found out about from LHCF. My stylist told me that washing my hair and conditioning regularly would dry my hair out. Needless to say...she is fired! I really appreciate you all for everything I have learned (by being a lurker):

I know I need a trim now... but here are my pics.... The first picture was this July when I began my hair journey and the most recent picture was yesterday! I am so excited to see the amount of growth that I have had. My hair has never been longer than maybe an inch past shoulder length! I have always been depressed about my hair... but it is now the longest it has ever been and I hope to keep growing. I will be trimming about an inch off this weekend and then continue on my journey.

Attachments

• july length check.jpg
    july length check.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 85
  • december09lengthcheck.jpg
    december09lengthcheck.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for the welcome ladies! Growing out these layers are a pain - I'm determined to slowly get to blunt MBL one day. I've never thought it would be a possibility until I came here and saw all of these beautiful heads of long thick hair!

Here are 3 more pics of a rollerset that I did this summer after reading some fotkis and trying to follow the directions!

Attachments

• rollerset1.jpg
    rollerset1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 14
  • rollerset2.jpg
    rollerset2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
  • rollerset3.jpg
    rollerset3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 15
Welcome!
Your hair is pretty and you have retained tons of growth.
What vitamins are you taking?

Also, I'm loving the dumb bells and ab roller wheels behind the scene in your 1st picture.

Hi Everyone,

I just want to start off and say hola & I'm so happy to be on this forum!! I wanted to formally introduce myself and also to say THANK YOU! Before this forum I didn't know that I shouldn't heat straighten my hair daily...Before this forum I didn't know about deep conditioning or co-washes...or porosity control....or protective styling! I'm also really into vitamins now and take Biotin, MSM, Chlorella & Spirulina...all things I only found out about from LHCF. My stylist told me that washing my hair and conditioning regularly would dry my hair out. Needless to say...she is fired! I really appreciate you all for everything I have learned (by being a lurker):

I know I need a trim now... but here are my pics.... The first picture was this July when I began my hair journey and the most recent picture was yesterday! I am so excited to see the amount of growth that I have had. My hair has never been longer than maybe an inch past shoulder length! I have always been depressed about my hair... but it is now the longest it has ever been and I hope to keep growing. I will be trimming about an inch off this weekend and then continue on my journey.

Fast growth! I see a difference in thickness in such a short period. You're doing a fabulous job.

Welcome!
Your hair is pretty and you have retained tons of growth.
What vitamins are you taking?

Also, I'm loving the dumb bells and ab roller wheels behind the scene in your 1st picture.

Thank You!!! I'm an avid exercise queen! =) I should've put them away before taking my pic! LOL!! :grin:

I take the Once Daily Trader Joes Multi for women, Super Chlorella, MSM, Spirulina, Silica, Collagen Type 1&3 with Vitamin C & Flax/Fish Oil. I take them all before bed and I'm religous about it. I've noticed that the Chlorella helps with my weight in addition to hair. OH! One more thing...the vitamins I think have really helped with my hypothyroidism. :yep:

Welcome!! Your hair looks wonderful! And your rollerset is to die for!!! How pretty!! You are a very pretty lady too! I hope you have fun here!!!!!!

Back