HI, I'M NEW!

ebony_queen

HI, I\'M NEW!

hi, i am, really amazed at the information i have found just rcently on this board, and i'd like to say a big thank you. i was just wondering what are the main points to growing a long healthy head of hair without the vitamins, and what has worked for each of you. any pointers welcome! x x x x
newbie.gif

Re: HI, I\'M NEW!

hey ebony queen, welcome to the board.

for me, i think the main things you have to do to grow you hair long and healthy are:

stay away from heat as much as possible
condition a lot
use oil on your hair or ends
wear protective styles
trim only when needed
if you want to color your hair only use color that does not contain ammonia
always be gentle with your hair

what is your hair type? what is your routine at the moment?

Hi EbonybQueen....Welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

As far as growing long hair I can share with you Hair Tips. Check out the 15th post called "Look what I found". HTH.

Welcome to the board. For me moisture, moisture, moisture in the form of shampooing twice a week, or conditioner washing or rinsing daily, moisturizing conditioning products, moisturizing leave ins, daily water intake and staying away from heat.

Hi
wave.gif
and welcome to the LHCF,

What has worked for me is:

1. Keeping my scalp and hair clean by shampooing weekly with a Moisturizing Ph balanced shampoo, I try to stick with products that specify Relaxed or Chemically Treated Hair.

2. Deep Conditioning Weekly with a Moisturizing Conditioner that also has a good balance of Protein in it.

3. Roller setting moreso than blowdrying and hotcurling.

4. Moisturizing my hair daily with a Cream or lotion that has water listed as the first ingredient.

These are some of the things I do that works for my hair.

Happy, Healthy Hair Growing!

Hey Ebony

I'm new also...I have acquired so much info. and I've also started a hair regimen. It's only been almost a week and there is difference in my hair and the way that I handle it now. My hair is definitely moisturized now. I'm so happy to have found this website and to now be apart of it. Now my next thing to do is post some pics. because w/ all of this info. I positive it will be nothing but progress.

Welcome to the board!!!

Moisture w/ oil to seal it in, a clean scalp, and as little maipulation as possible....all things that have worked for me.

welcome, ebony queen!

for me, the main things were:

• eliminating heat

• lots of moisture

• leaving my hair alone

• avoiding switching products all the time

Back