Hi, I'm a newbie!

Farida

Hello Ladies!

I'm Viv and I'm a college student. My hair type naturally is 4a/4b. I had virgin hair until I relaxed at age 14. By the time I was 17 my hair was bra-strap length, thick and healthy. When I was 17 I moved from Kenya to the USA. I had my hair in braids and when I was taking them out I accidentally cut the front of my hair, so it was short like bangs while the rest was long. After I took my braids out I retouched the relaxer. I moved to college and my hair began to really break at the ends, to the point where I'd just grab scissors and chop off inches myself. Now, my hair is so broken it is at my neck. I got fed up and decided to grow it out, but then got fed up again and relaxed it. I want my hair to grow and I need help. With breakage it has been stagnant. I have tried to stay away from irons and only blow-dry once in a while. Instead I use a bonnet dryer when I condition. I just did an aphogee treatment and my hair is still breaking at the ends. Help!

Welcome! You'll enjoy yourself here and learn a great deal about caring for your hair. I joined last month and already I am seeing results from the "sharing" on this board. The ladies here are soooo nice. See you around!:) Blessings for your journey!

9.gif

Your hair may need more moisture.

welcome. you need to improve your hair's moisture intake. so up your moisturizing shampoos, conditioner and daily moisturizers until the breakage stops.

Thanks for the warm reception ladies. :)

I did do a deep conditioner and moisture treatment after the aphogee. Maybe I didn't leave it in long enough? I left it on till it was hard.

I have attached my pre-re touch pics. The pics are of 3 months of growth. I also attached one post re-touch pic. I had a super-trim to get rid of my non-existent thin ends.

Attachments

• back growth.jpg
    back growth.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 11
  • top growth.jpg
    top growth.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 9
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 8
vivmaiko said:
Thanks for the warm reception ladies. :)

I did do a deep conditioner and moisture treatment after the aphogee. Maybe I didn't leave it in long enough? I left it on till it was hard.

I have attached my pre-re touch pics. The pics are of 3 months of growth. I also attached one post re-touch pic. I had a super-trim to get rid of my non-existent thin ends.
Welcome aboard the LHCF Love ship. I remember in college the water there was horrible. If you are following the same routinue you have always had and you are getting a lot of breakage, you may want to check the water at your school to see how hard it is. I believe there is a thread somewhere on testing your water. Good luck.

Welcome!!! I agree you need to keep your hair super moisturized and treat it very gently. Especially your ends. Every since i started taking care of my ends ive been retaining my length. Also check out the stickys at the top of the threads.

Welcome aboard. Are you moisturizing and sealing your ends with oil? If not, I reccommend that you look into the baggie method. HTH

:wave: :newbie:,

welcome to LHCF.

Trimming off your split ends should help a lot. Now, you just need to keep your hair moisturized, and use protective styling.

Good Luck.

Welcome!

I agree with the other ladies regarding moisture. I had horrible breakage for years and the only thing that stopped it was a good trim to get rid of the damage and then loads of moisture.

Sometimes when I know my hair needs moisture but it feels like it could use protein too, I mix a moisturizing conditioner (I usually use Humectress) and a protein reconstructer (I use Keraphix) together in a little bowl with a small amount of oil (hemp seed oil is good) and some honey. I apply this to freshly shampooed hair and cover with a plastic cap and a hot towel right out of the dryer. I leave it on for an hour. The result is stronger hair that still feels silky and soft.

HTH!:)

Back