Hi Everyone!..Newbie with (not so great) pics.

Both you and your hair are very beautiful. I remember the things I used to do to my hair (like brushing, shampooing without conditioning, and ripping rat-tail combs through it) and I'm surprised that I was never bald headed. My hair always remained just a bit pass shoulder length. When I finally saw the error of my ways and started respecting my hair more, it started growing and gained shine and movement. Now it's APL and hopefully with more TLC it will grow longer. Cutting your hair short was probably the best thing for you to do. When it grows back it'll be longer and healthier than ever :yep:.

what an inspiration! Welcome! your hair looks beautiful (oh and pretty eyes!)

nothing but happy hair growing in your future! :yep:

Lovely progress and a great BC story! I'm surprised no one has asked yet....what's your regimen? What are you using to maintain your lush hair? It looks very healthy!

Welcome! You and your hair are gorgeous! :congrats: Soooo...ummm....what have you been doing to it since you chopped it off? Details, details!:grin:

Awwwww! You and your hair is so Pretty:yep: Thst is amazing growth in a year! Your hair looks awesome, so tell us what you did!!!!! I Love you in the Fro:grin:

Welcome. Love that fro it was kinda of a shock I was expecting that look - loved it. Your hair is really pretty and so are you. Welcome aboard.

Thanks ladies! I'm still breaking my neck trying to look at all the amazing heads of hair I see on here.

As far as my regime goes, I have to say after a whole year of being natural that is still my #1 problem, I can't seem to stick with anything! I do however, have some staples and routines that have worked very well for me so far (hopefully that won't change *crosses fingers*).

The first thing I discovered once my hair began to grow back, was how much it loves water. It's like I'd been depriving it for years and now finally my hair was able to get its fix. I now try to co-wash every 2 days, using Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner (I splurged on the liter size), and Alberto V05's Vanilla Mint Tea Therapy Clarifying Conditioner, I'm completly in love with the smell of it, I'm convinced V05 should make a whole line of body care products with that scent.

After that I try to gently finger-comb my hair, but more often than not I have to resort to my beloved Mason Pearson C2 comb to help get the job done. I've tried countless leave-ins in the last year that would give me nice curl definition but also leave my hair soft and moisturized, and so far my favorite by a landslide is Fekkai's Luscious Curls Cream. At first I was put off by the price (like $19.50 for 4oz :nono:), but now I just wait until Bath and Body Works has its semi-annual sale and stock up when its half price.

To seal it all in I simply use African Royale's Hot Six Oil, its the cheapest, I can buy it at my job, and most importantly it works just as well for me as any of the expensive oils I've tried. :drunk:

When its time to shampoo my hair (I usually do this once a week), I stick with CON green, I think I bought enough bottles to last me until I'm 92. Another alternative that worked for me when I was going through an extreme PJ phase was Phyto's Phytospecific Vital Force Shampoo, and if I ever win the lotto or become rich I'll go back to buying more (awesome) phyto products lol.

For deep conditioning (this is like a hobby for me so I try to do it twice a week) I like the Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask, but my absolute favorite deep conditioner to date (because you know that can always change :grin:) is Amazon Rainforest Hydrating Conditioner. I LOVE this stuff!!! I stole this from my mom's bathroom one day, and let's just say we were constantly fighting over it (a rare occurence since my mom couldn't really care less about haircare) until she took me to TJ Maxx where she got the 35oz size for $6.99! For protein I stick with Aphogee's 2min keratin treatment, or occassionly the nasty-smelling extra strong treatment that comes in the blue pack. It smells bad, but for me it always gets the job done.

Lastly, (I swear here on this board is the ONLY time I ever drag on this long, I should be getting ready for work...) I have to say I believe in the weave. lol, the sew-in kind that is. Whenever I get frustrated with how long its taking my hair to grow, and that's usually when I start trying to do things to it that I know I shouldn't, I head on over to a co-worker of mine's house who is a certified weave master, and who pays great attention to hair health. I usually wear my natural hair out for 2 months, then get a sew-in for 1 month, and repeat that cycle.

That's about it so far I'll stop there for now. I know thats more than enough, but where else can I sit and discuss hair? I love this forum, and really really appreciate all the love you ladies have shown me. :love5:

Last edited:
Back