Hi everyone...newbie here! Relaxer question...

jeans*fanatic

(I have been lurking for awhile now... LOL)
To begin with,

My name is Crystal and I have been going to my stylist for at least 10 years or so.... In the beginning I was getting a perm every 6 weeks but I have decided to take care of my own hair now... Right now I am at APL (the picture in my avatar was a picture taken last year). I am 4a/b and I am 8 weeks post relaxer...

I want to try Milani Butter Blends but can't seem to find them anywhere here in Arkansas....so I am going to try CON.

Okay this is what I plan to do:

1. Apply vaseline to scalp and around edges
2. Perm
3. Do Aphogee 2 Minute
4. Phormula-7 Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo
5. Deep condition with Mizani's Moisturefuse w/ Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil
6. A leave-in conditioner (care to recommend one?)

And then air dry... wrap hair when almost dry... and then take down in the morning and flat iron...

What do you guys think???? Please any suggestions would really be appreciated..

Also...

Have you guys used Hollywood Beauty's Dry Scalp and Skin Therapeutic Oil with Black Seed Oil?? or anything with Black Seed oil in it? What is Black Seed Oil used for? I don't have dry scalp but I got it just in case I could use it in something else...

I am perming my hair today... I will take pics and post after I my steps have been completed... :grin:

:welcome:

It looks like you have a good plan for your relaxer. Regarding Mizani Butter Blends, I can't find it locally either, so I ordered it from www.bluebeez.com. It's on sale, and they ship quickly. You could try that next time, maybe.

We'll be here eagerly waiting for the results and pictures! :yep:

:welcome:

It looks like you have a good plan for your relaxer. Regarding Mizani Butter Blends, I can't find it locally either, so I ordered it from www.bluebeez.com. It's on sale, and they ship quickly. You could try that next time, maybe.

We'll be here eagerly waiting for the results and pictures! :yep:

Ditto.

As far as leave-ins, I recommend Keracare Leave -in, Silk Elements Moisturizing Leave-in OR V05 Moisture Milks.

Thanks everyone!!!!! Can't wait to try this!!!! I pray it works out great!!!

Thanks Soulie... I am bookmarking that site now...
Thanks Reecie... I have the moisture milks... so I will try that as a leave-in!! Thanks guys! :grin:

Also, since I bought this huge bottle of Phormula 7 Neutralizing and Chelating shampoo ... can I use that as a clarifier when if and when I need to?

Hi, I just wanted to say Welcome, I am not a self-relaxer (but I will try before I reach college). GOOD LUCK!!

Welcome to the board,I self relax everything sounds good but i dont know anything about the Phormula 7.

Back