Hey ya'll! Vitamins really work! Pictures!

Starian

I'm me, ya'll don't need no more introduction than this... :P

Well, I come bearing good news. I was the chick that messed her hair up with the weave and the glue.
But I dedicated myself to at least TRYING to get my hair back on the right track, thanks to Anky's urging, and it has paid off.

This is my current vitamin regimin, which I have been doing faithfully for only 3 weeks. I take 6 Relacores a day, 2 with each meal. It contains cortisol and a little Biotin, along with some other stuff. Not only has it helped with my excess belly fat (which is what it's made for, essentially), I believe it's aided in such rapid hair growth.

I also take two 1500 mcg of Biotin a day, two 1500 mg of MSM, one 50 mg zinc tablet, and 1 Super B complex vitamin, which contains 5 mg of B6, 10 mcg of B12, and 20 mg of Pantothenic acid.

Now, keep in mind, the day before I started this vitamin regimin, I had relaxed my hair and my roots were bone straight, which I try not to do, but I wanted to see exactly how much progress I'd make.

I then braided up my hair for those 3 weeks and had a go at it.
Well, I finally couldn't take the itch anymore and took my braids down.
Since all of my hair was curly and a bit greasy I couldn't exactly tell where my new growth had come in at, so I washed it and let it air dry.

As a general rule, my hair dries straight on the previously relaxed part if I put something with dimethi/silicone. My new growth, however will still remain curly. That's how I tell the difference between parts that need relaxing and parts that are already relaxed. These were the results. :)

newgrowth.jpg

newgrowth2.jpg

newgrowth3.jpg

Of course, everything wavy is new growth. Now, I don't know how many inches that is. I don't know how to measure. But just know that for ME that's about how much new growth i get in 3 MONTHS as opposed to 3 weeks.

My new growth's texture changed, too. From...*looks at chart*...variations of Type 3 to type 2C.

I'm not exaggerating anything, and I know some people can't see taking all those pills, or don't think that so many are good...but I'm just sharing the succcess, ya'll. If I keep this up, I may be mid back by early next year, eh? I'm layered, the longest part being right above bra-strap length.

Also, after taking out the braids, this is how much hair I lost.
losthair.jpg

That's with extra careful combing. Is that too much? Am I doing something wrong?

Well, thanks for listening, and as usual, if ya'll have any questions, comments, concerns, or criticisms, I'm more than welcome to hear them. Please gimme ya'll's insight. :)

Hey Girl,

I know exactly what you are saying, I wont bore you will my vitamin regime, but lets just say I am getting lots of the essentials Biotin, MSM, Protein, essential Oils. I take 5 twice per day!!!.

Its been 2 weeks since last relaxer and I have loads of roots, its feel like its been relaxed for 6 wk( WHEN I WOULD NORMALLY RELAX- NOT ANYMORE). I know there is a definet difference.

Cant wait to see full results when I relax in March

Keep growing Girl ( U Are)

Kizzy

Girl don't make me go out and get Relacore. I need to lose weight and it will help my hair grow!!! That is awesome!!! So glad your hair is thriving.

:grin: Well girl, you ahead and grow then! :lol: That sounds wonderful! :cool: Congrats on the growth....I know you're happy!!! :yay:

Your hair is really looking healthier!I'm happy you're seeing progress. All you needed was some support. Take care.

Hey "S" Congratulations! Wow, I am going to try Relacore- grow hair and lose weight sounds magical! Great Job with your hair.

How long had you been taking the other vitamins besides the relocores? And how much is the relacore?

congrats. The same thing happened to me with a tspn of primrose oil and tblspn of Flax seed oil. In one month my hair went from smooth ponytail to when are you going to get relaxed and my hair went from just above the shoulder to hitting the shoulder and parts below the shoulder. Now I have to watch out because I want to wear it down but this is a critical time for me because I just realized that shoulder length hair rubbing on clothing is what breaks it off.

Back