Hey Y'all!!!! I'm new and I wanna tell my story, with pics!

Great face, great smile, you can pull off any hairstyle. (I really wasn't trying to make that rhyme)

Wow, you've already had quite the journey before you even joined. Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your pretty pics.

What a BEAUTIFUL story! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work! Your hair is gorgeous and so are you!

Ready to update you all since it has been over 2 years. I went through a period there where my hair kept thinning out at the ends because of a lack of protein. Now I have been using protein 3 times a month and moisture once. Y'all my hair has been thriving. So I know y'all love pics so I came with pics of all my styles (both protective and non).

I did this bun with my own hair! No marley hair.
249_zpsd163b588.jpg

Fresh out the shower at a hotel.
566_zps6435bd92.jpg

Protective style, upart wig with closure. I wore these most of last winter.
161_zpsa4d94ed7.jpeg

Protective style old Beshe shelley wig #4
254_zps62082709.jpg

Blowdry using Andis dryer with comb attachment
1039_zpsb362ef4e.jpg

Flat iron using CHi
1040_zps8e1fc392.jpg

Another angle of flat iron
1043_zpsad158249.jpg

Had my girl at work take this
1022_zps19e32b59.jpg

Another work pic feeling like I am officially on long hair status
972_zpsa9accf82.jpg

My dream french twist
797_zps4c6d5549.jpg

Feelin' myself
763_zps9333395f.jpg

Did a puff for old time's sake. But these REALLY screw up my ends.

809_zps494f881f.jpg

Ponytail - had my Kim K concealer game on tight ;)
643_zpsc445aa9e.jpg

Thanks for looking! Have a good night ladies. I love y'all.

Last edited:
MissLiberia, congrats. You are so pretty and your hair is beautiful. I am also half Liberian too so cheers!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

What is your regiment and how long did it take you to get to this length.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Awwww the baby!!

Very nice pics and the make-up is on point!

Every time I see your name, I think of my best fried who now lives in Liberia and is the Mayor of a town called Paynesville (sp) over there. It had always been a dream to visit Liberia. I have an open invite, but will have to wait.

almond_eyes My sistah, cheers to that indeed! Thanks this has been a JOURNEY! My last relaxer was May 2010 so it has taken me all of 4 1/2 years to figure out what my hair needs. I've always had fragile strands and super fragile ends so protein has worked wonders!

My regimen is mild protein twice a month, heavy protein followed by a moisturizing treatment once a month and just a moisturizing treatment alone once a month. I do a variation of that every month depending on what my hair wants.

I have abandoned doing natural 'out' styles like puffs, braidouts and twistouts because my ends do not like that. They want to be as stretched as possible so if it ain't a bun folks usually don't see my waves. I have been straightening a lot because I find that it keeps my ends in tip top shape where they cannot wrap around each other.

For straightening I use a heat protectant (tressemme), a serum (Chi silk infusion or keracare silken seal serum) and the keracare blowdry spray. All things I used while relaxed (minus the tressemme because I didn't believe in heat protectant.)

I blowdry with a comb attachment then flat iron one pass in VERY. SMALL. SECTIONS.

Hope that covered it

@ThatJersyGirl WHATTTTTT?! Please go I love Paynesville but I'm from Flumpa (country girl). You should go I bet you won't want to come back.

almond_eyes My sistah, cheers to that indeed! Thanks this has been a JOURNEY! My last relaxer was May 2010 so it has taken me all of 4 1/2 years to figure out what my hair needs. I've always had fragile strands and super fragile ends so protein has worked wonders!

My regimen is mild protein twice a month, heavy protein followed by a moisturizing treatment once a month and just a moisturizing treatment alone once a month. I do a variation of that every month depending on what my hair wants.

I have abandoned doing natural 'out' styles like puffs, braidouts and twistouts because my ends do not like that. They want to be as stretched as possible so if it ain't a bun folks usually don't see my waves. I have been straightening a lot because I find that it keeps my ends in tip top shape where they cannot wrap around each other.

For straightening I use a heat protectant (tressemme), a serum (Chi silk infusion or keracare silken seal serum) and the keracare blowdry spray. All things I used while relaxed (minus the tressemme because I didn't believe in heat protectant.)

I blowdry with a comb attachment then flat iron one pass in VERY. SMALL. SECTIONS.

Hope that covered it

@ThatJersyGirl WHATTTTTT?! Please go I love Paynesville but I'm from Flumpa (country girl). You should go I bet you won't want to come back.

I swear you and I are hair twins!!!! You and your hair are simply GORGEOUS!!! :yep:

MissLiberia welcome back!! Thanks for the update. Your hair looks great.

Um... when are you going to post in the challenges?! IMO, you are especially welcome in the deep conditioning and straight hair naturals threads. I am sure other posters would love your feedback, tips, and wonderful photos. And I need to know which protein conditioners you are using since I am on a buy and try spree. :lol:

NappyNelle Hey boo! i know! There is just so much to keep track of with the challenges. I will do better now that I am a paying member again.

My fave light proteins:
Joico K Pak
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute
Roux Mendex
Giovanni Nutrafixx

Favorite hard protein:

Nutress Treatment for Extremely damaged hair
Affirm 5 in 1
Nexxus Emergencee
Redken Extreme tub

And when I need moisture I use the Neutrogena Triple Moisture in the tan tub with the orange top or kenra moisturizing conditioner.

missliberia, you have a beautiful smile. I love looking at pix of hair updates and you did not disappoint, congratz on your progress.

missliberia, what an inspiration, I can't believe I missed this first time round! You're so cute and photogenic and your hair is Gorgeous!

Can I ask, do you follow up your mild protein txs with a moisturizing conditioner?

Back