Here's A Protective Style That I'm Wearing This Week...

divinefavor

I'm attempting to do the bun challenge, but don't really know how to do a bun exactly. So I've been wearing different protective styles. Here's a style that I've been wearing this week. I've been doing this style for years and never knew that it was a protective style. The front picture is a little blurry, but hopefully you can get an idea.

Here's the link, it's the first two pictures. No password required.

www.picturetrail.com/divinefavor

That looks really nice, how did you do it? Because it also looks complicated. Im looking for other variations of protective styles because im just plain boring.

Anancy said:
That looks really nice, how did you do it? Because it also looks complicated. Im looking for other variations of protective styles because im just plain boring.

Thank you,

I first put a part in the middle and pull out a little bang (put a big roller on so not to have to tight of a bang). Then comb/brush the hair up in the back and secure that section with a bobby pin. So that you only have the two front sides of your hair hanging. I take a baby brush and brush the right section of hair to the back and secure that section with one or two bobby pins and secure that. I repeat the same process with the left side. Sometimes I may have hair sticking up and I secure that with bobby pins to try and get that bow looking effect in. I hope I'm making sense, I'll try and take pictures of each step later this week.

I like the style, its really cute. I can't do protective styles at all. My styles always come out looking strange :look:

MzTami said:
Yes it looks good on you, I can't get my bangs to act right though.

Thank you! Today, I put a little conditioner on the ends sealed with oil mixture (jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and black castor oil), put a large roller on it for a little while so that it wouldn't curl to tight and voila!

nikki1971 said:
I like the style, its really cute. I can't do protective styles at all. My styles always come out looking strange :look:

Thank you!

This is about the only protective style I can do, aside from pulling it back in a pony tail. :lol:

I'm doing protective styling. Well simple styling. I have found something i am going to stick with for a while. I am in twists now. I have seen 4 different albums of women who started off short but grew so much more hair over time by wearing their hair in just twists. So therefore that is what i am going to keep my hair in for a few months. Course, next month i plan on puttin in some yarn twists but after it i will still twist up and see how much growth i get. I'm gonna try to keep a good regimine of conditioner washing every week w/the twists in(hoping my hair dont get all tangled) and then taking them down once a month for a twist out and doing again. Trying to be at bra strap length by end of this year if not even sooner :^D

divinefavor said:
This is about the only protective style I can do, aside from pulling it back in a pony tail. :lol:

And you do it well!!! I really like it. :up: :up: What is it called?

Thanks for sharing the pics and instructions. I have to try this out. :grin:

victorious said:
And you do it well!!! I really like it. :up: :up: What is it called?

Thanks for sharing the pics and instructions. I have to try this out. :grin:

Thank you!!!! Girl, I have know clue what it is called, it's something I put together about 6 years ago when I was tired of my hair. It's been a lifesaver ever since, especially when I'm growing my hair out. It keeps me from having the urge to cut it to my normal layered bob.

Back