Here's a little hope...

songbyrd517

... to hold on to. This is for anyone who wears protective styles a lot, as well as naturals and transitioners, or just anyone who is feeling discouraged about hair growth. I just had a great experience with my hair. I am transitioning, and have been wearing it in protective styles lately, and it really did not seem that it had been growing much. But, last week, I decided to flat iron it for a change, and to my surprise, it is creeping up on brastrap length :) So, I was so excited that I wet it to measure my newgrowth, and I measured 4.5 inches (stretched)! That means, I have grown and retained 4 and 1/2 inches of growth in 7 months (I've been transitioning that long)! :clap: That seems like pretty fast growth to me! So, I say all of that to say, be encouraged ladies! Give your hair some space and don't constantly look at it too see if it is growing, and you will be pleasantly surprised! Remember, a watched pot never boils. Your hair IS growing ladies!!!! :weird:

Last edited:
Congrats and thanks so much for sharing that. I could use a little hope and encouragement today...

Congrats!

I could use MORE than a little encouragement. I keep asking myself, how long will my hair continue to grow OUTWARDS instead of DOWNWARDS? All I want is healthy shoulder-length hair and it is taking FOREVER **sniff** I have resorted to not combing my hair at all except on wash days. I cannot say enough how BLESSED people with healthy, long hair are. It ain't easy . . .

Back