Herbal Essences: New* Long Term Relationship hair care line..thoughts?

It~Can~Grow

I noticed that HE has a new line targeting those wanting to grow long hair :grin: :grin:

What do you think seperates this line from their hydraytion line? Thoughts anyone?

I don't know how it works, but it smells heavenly. I used a coupon and purchased some on Sat. Its like raspberries without being overly cloying.

I want to try this. I am guessing it is going to be a mix of breaks over and hello hydration with protein and moisture. I just wish it didn't have as many cones.

Here are the ingredients for the conditioner (rinse-out):
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Raspberry Juice, Hydrolized Silk, Glutamic Acid, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33

The Split End Protector/Leave-In has silk in it too.

Check your coupons in the paper today for $1.00 off a full size product!!!

Last edited:
My new bottle of Hello Hyrdration just screamed in horror! It's afraid of being replaced, lol... :grin:

ETA: just read the ingredients....

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Raspberry Juice, Hydrolized Silk, Glutamic Acid, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33
It has the same exact ingredients as hello hydration except for the addition of the SAA (Hydrolized Silk) and Raaaaaspberry juice (yum :lick:). Hmmm... I already add SAA to my conditioners though. But I'd buy this product just for the Raspberries!

Last edited:
I bought this around christmas time and I've been using it since for my co washes. I love the smell and the way it feels when I put it in. It makes my hair feel soft when rinsing out too, especially if I use it close to when I did a shampoo. I'm not sure if it will replace my fructics long and strong though.

FoxieRoxie - What's up with that workout regimen? How do you even have time for hair with those abs?

Giirrrllll you are dangerous. I need to take my avatar down with all that back showing --- you make me ashamed to relax...well, not really :grin:

You've proven a work out regimen produces great results for the body, too...you go (now take it down :yep: we all have to live here)!!!

My new bottle of Hello Hyrdration just screamed in horror! It's afraid of being replaced, lol... :grin:

ETA: just read the ingredients....

It has the same exact ingredients as hello hydration except for the addition of the SAA (Hydrolized Silk) and Raaaaaspberry juice (yum :lick:). Hmmm... I already add SAA to my conditioners though. But I'd buy this product just for the Raspberries!

from experience its the same exact product with a different smell...pantene does this too :nono: maybe other folks can tell a difference but I cant. lus the ingredients are the same as well sans a few extracts here and there.

Good because I was planning to buy Hello Hyrdration next after hearing all the rave reviews. Now I dont have to!

The Split End Protector/Leave-In has silk in it too.

Check your coupons in the paper today for $1.00 off a full size product!!!

Hummmm Stearamidopropyl and Bis-Aminopropyl dimethicone are both hair conditioning agents designed to help seal in whatever goodness a conditioner is providing, Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol are both non irratating fatty acids that are softeners and stabliziers, Benzyl Alchohol is a preservative, the Glutamic Acid helps bind water to the hair and the silk provides weightless strength.

I will check this out tonight, I have been waiting on them finally putting it into stores.

Hummmm Stearamidopropyl and Bis-Aminopropyl dimethicone are both hair conditioning agents designed to help seal in whatever goodness a conditioner is providing, Stearyl Alcohol and Cetyl Alcohol are both non irratating fatty acids that are softeners and stabliziers, Benzyl Alchohol is a preservative, the Glutamic Acid helps bind water to the hair and the silk provides weightless strength.

I will check this out tonight, I have been waiting on them finally putting it into stores.

Well damn, with you breakin it down like that, I REALLY wanna try this stuff now!!! Sounds scrumptious :lick:

It~Can~Grow: I live at the gym... lol Well actually I'm among other things a personal trainer/fitness model and fitness competitor... Plus I'm a semi-retired professional dancer and being dancing for half my life... So it's all like second nature at this point.

Gymfreak... All I have to say is :shocked:... Girl you're good! lol I'm starting to get a hang of all the in's and out's of ingredients, thanks for clarifying what Benzol Alcohol does, I knew it wasnt a bad alcohol.

HE is my all time favorite Co -wash line.. I leave a little in my washed hair , it makes my waves pop...the more the merrier..bring it on.

It~Can~Grow: I live at the gym... lol Well actually I'm among other things a personal trainer/fitness model and fitness competitor... Plus I'm a semi-retired professional dancer and being dancing for half my life... So it's all like second nature at this point.

Gymfreak... All I have to say is :shocked:... Girl you're good! lol I'm starting to get a hang of all the in's and out's of ingredients, thanks for clarifying what Benzol Alcohol does, I knew it wasnt a bad alcohol.

I had to look that up after I saw it in my pantene mask. I look alot of ingredients up in my professors chem books. I also have gotten some cosmetic chem books to look up more info.

I had to 2nd that thanks for the breakdown!! I need to be in the know! I thought all alcohols were bad/drying. Can someone tell me which are bad and which are good? TIA

I had to 2nd that thanks for the breakdown!! I need to be in the know! I thought all alcohols were bad/drying. Can someone tell me which are bad and which are good? TIA

Hi LittleGirlBlue!

Alcohol basically is any carbon group with a hydroxyl group attached too it. Some are fatty alcohols which are made from fatty acids from things like coconuts or palm oil. The fatty ones help soften skin and hair and give products their nice cream consistency. Cetyl and Stearyl alcohol's are good alcohols. They also are non irritating. Another good one is Cetearyl alcohol.

Well, I may have to check this out. :yep: I love raspberry!

This is my problem, GF336 - they've advertised now they make us wait. Not at Walmart or Target...

I've give them to the weekend to stock, then I'll have to do the unthinkable..."pay more and go to CVS" :yep:

Doesn't citric acid help with porosity? I did the test and my hair sank after a minute or two so I guess Im good. My new Pantene detagler has citric acid so I guess thats enough.

Doesn't citric acid help with porosity? I did the test and my hair sank after a minute or two so I guess Im good. My new Pantene detagler has citric acid so I guess thats enough.

I don't know...but I gotta get my hair in line because my strand is STILL floating 3 days later :lachen::lachen:

Sort of, it will help lower and control the pH of a product. If enough of any acid ingredient is added then the resulting lower pH could benefit you. If the pantene has been helping then you might have found a product with a pH range that is working for you.

Citric acid is usually used a preservative.

I love it .....It my new staple.....It's not really targeting people who want long hair but ....more so targets people who want to give their long locks extra care.....I started a thread about how much I love it...But like my other threads no one really responds and it's in the grave yard somewhere!!

Has anyone been using this with good results? I bought it today :look:

After reading this thread and Traycee's thread, I went to get some of the leave in, because I needed a leave in and this sounded scrumptious. No stores here had the freakin leave in! How can you have the poo and con and NOT the leave in?!! I was soo mad, I HATE living in a small city :wallbash:

Anywho, I got the conditioner and I really like it. It made my hair really soft and it smelled :lick:

After reading this thread and Traycee's thread, I went to get some of the leave in, because I needed a leave in and this sounded scrumptious. No stores here had the freakin leave in! How can you have the poo and con and NOT the leave in?!! I was soo mad, I HATE living in a small city :wallbash:

Anywho, I got the conditioner and I really like it. It made my hair really soft and it smelled :lick:

Girl I live in a fairly large city and all I've found (finally) is the poo and con. I think they are teasing us...do they want it...do you...huh :lachen:

Back