Herbal Essences Conditioners Are Pretty Darn Good

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
They are a good cheapie conditioner. I used the intensive blends conditioning balm after Jade raved about it. It is very good, but I didn't realize that the others are as well. When I got my retouch a little over a week ago, when my stylist put her hands in my hair, she said that it felt sooooooo good and asked me what I'd used--it was the herbal essences and I had air-dried too.

I have the Intensive Blends Color Treated (though my hair isn't colored)
I also have the Fruit Fusions Color Protecting and the Fruit Fusions Hydrating...

PJ ism is a never ending story
up.gif

I have never tried the conditioning balm but I did try another regular one for dry hair and it didn't do much for me. I was disappointed b/c I did like the smell.

Re: Herbal Essences Conditioners Are Pretty Darn G

SG, ive been combing the city looking for this product for at least 6 months to no avail. Where'd u get yours?

Lord have mercy girl, will it never end??? You have the BOMB hair and well, you know I want to be just like you so...

driver.gif
<------ That's my dh, I don't drive. I'm in the passenger seat,
rofl.gif

CH,

I got mine at Walgreens, Kroger, and Target.

When Jade talked about the Conditioning Balm, I got that at Wal-Mart.

Supergirl, how would you compare Herbal Essence to Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Line?

Well...

They are nothing alike. The HE's are very light and creamy. You can immediately feel the softening when you put them on your hair.

The TM (Masque) has more weight and when you put it on your hair, there is a slickness that you can feel (due to the oils I suppose)

I really hope that helps--it's very difficult to compare those two.

Hmm, okay. Thank you. I was just wondering. My hair tends to like thicker consistencies and I am really enjoying the Neutrogena line (shampoo, daily conditioner, mask and pre shampoo oil). The shampoo is heavenly! My hair also enjoys the Suave Milk and Honey. I have tried Dove (a weightless conditioner) and my hair didn't seem to like it, nice shine, but tangling when wet. As well, my hair enjoys LUST, especially when the new growth kicks in. I like that slick feeling and easy combout. It seems that I can stop trying new conditioners for awhile because I have found some really nice ones that are working well in my hair. I am itching to try the St. Ives that Jade has been referring to along with your Herbal Essences, but may wait a minute. The other St. Ives I tried I wasn't very impressed with (Jojoba and Raspberry). So, you have indeed helped.

Supergirl,

I am utterly pleased you like some of the HE conditioners. I've been wondering about the Fruit Fusions line (Hydrating and Protecting) of late because Clairol is changing formulas tremendously. I've got older versions and it will take me a while to venture out due to a HUGE supply, so I am so pleased that they are treating you well.

And, to NMFSC, in view of what you said about the Neutrogena Triple Moisture, you might want to try the St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss conditioner. It's ultra-moisturizing. I'm also glad to see that you also rave about the Neutrogena shampoo. I will be trying it soon!

~Jade~

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
They are a good cheapie conditioner. I used the intensive blends conditioning balm after Jade raved about it. It is very good, but I didn't realize that the others are as well. When I got my retouch a little over a week ago, when my stylist put her hands in my hair, she said that it felt sooooooo good and asked me what I'd used--it was the herbal essences and I had air-dried too.

I have the Intensive Blends Color Treated (though my hair isn't colored)
I also have the Fruit Fusions Color Protecting and the Fruit Fusions Hydrating...

PJ ism is a never ending story
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am loving the Intensive Blends! It makes my hair feel like Ive gotten a deep conditioning treatment in a matter of minutes. My hair is very sof afterward barely no frizz if any. I use it a couple of times a month because if I use it too often I get a build up but other than that I give it a 9 and a 20 for the smell
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
Is it good as a deep conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

The intensive blends says its a deep conditioning treatment. But I dunno for sure. But my hair feels as if it were deep condtioned after i use it as a co wash
smile.gif

I've had the Intensive Blend Conditioning Balm for 5 months and I only used it once or twice cause my evil RA came around saying stupid crap about me "using them damn white people's products"...and I have no clue exactly where the bottle is now..

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
I've had the Intensive Blend Conditioning Balm for 5 months and I only used it once or twice cause my evil RA came around saying stupid crap about me "using them damn white people's products"...and I have no clue exactly where the bottle is now..

[/ QUOTE ]

Um okay that was really ignorant. Shoot most products specialized for black hair dont work either. Lets face it she stole the conditioner
lachen70.gif

Jade21, I haven't been able to find the St.Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss no where, no day! I guess I will have to order it from online, something I rarely do. Run, don't walk, to get the Neutrogena shampoo, ohhhhweeeee!

supergiril
i don't mean to offend you or anything but
do you thnik trying so many products will cause our hair to break or posssibly fall out

You know I see variants of this concept on this board alot. Why would this do so? As long as you are following the laws of chemistry nothing severley untoward should happen. Oh and as long as your hair is healthy in the first place. I guess if you are on the edge a bad product can tip you over. But it would have to be a really bad product.

Cutebajangirl,

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and as long as your hair is healthy in the first place. I guess if you are on the edge a bad product can tip you over.But it would have to be a really bad product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that sometimes people come here when their hair really needs attention. You've seen how some people will post saying how thankful they are to have found the site and how useful tips have been. People strive for healthy hair; they are working toward that goal a lot of times.

I remember reading a woman's story on the Internet about a L'Oreal product she used and her hair started shedding like crazy. She apparently had written to L'Oreal and they did an investigation because they had not received complaints. Their conclusion was that the woman's hair must have been much weaker than she thought and they documented everything from the products she had been using to how she treated her hair which was pretty bad. What I can remember being so striking was that when she turned to L'Oreal she had been abusing permanent dyes for years. Her expectation was that the L'Oreal product would be a quick fix. It turned out to be a disaster. Sadly, crap like this happens.

I have to say that once I heard about someone saying that the "new" version of Clairol's Renewal 5x shampoos started causing shedding, I was like "no way am I going near it."

With Clairol's Intensive blends shampoo for dry hair, well, my hair decided " if you use this again, you will get extra dryness and shedding, thank you." So, I decided to listen to my mane and trashed the bottle. Frankly, I love most Clairol products, but I won't be going near this one again. And, my hair is extremely healthy.

So, for whatever it's worth, I am always thankful when someone puts out a warning about anything here
grin.gif

~Jade~

[ QUOTE ]
Norma15 said:
supergiril
i don't mean to offend you or anything but
do you thnik trying so many products will cause our hair to break or posssibly fall out

[/ QUOTE ]

I think CBG answered it well, but I must add...I've been a PJ for as long as I can remember and the only things that have damaged my hair are excessive heat and a hair lightening product that I used long ago.

Kind of along the lines of what Jade shared, a product will pretty much let you know if it doesn't mix with your hair. I think that my hair is in excellent condition and I check out product ingredients before purchasing.

So I guess to answer your question--the bottom line is this: using alot of different products is not a cause within itself for hair breakage. If the hair was already in bad condition and someone did this then I could see this being a problem, but more so because they can't troubleshoot and find out the cause of their breakage and which type of product will remedy it.

Not being conceited at all--but as I said I've been a PJ for a while. Take a look at my album and you be the judge
up.gif

Supergirl,

I don't remember which product specifically that I tried. It was not the conditioning balm but a regular herbal essences conditioner for dry hair. It think it had mango or something in it.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Supergirl,

I don't remember which product specifically that I tried. It was not the conditioning balm but a regular herbal essences conditioner for dry hair. It think it had mango or something in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are referring to the Fruit Fusions Hydrating for Dry/Damaged Hair becasue that is the one I have.

My opinion is that even using new products every week (that agree with your hair) is not damaging as the way you treat your hair i.e. using high heat often etc.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
<font color="purple"> I think you are referring to the Fruit Fusions Hydrating for Dry/Damaged Hair becasue that is the one I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have the HE FF Hydrating conditioner and am in love with the scent. Makes you want to eat it, huh?
lick.gif
The IB conditioning balm is the bomb!! Love it!! I also agree with the previous post. Some people's hair are not accustomed to the different ingredients in the conditioners or shampoos. With most of the HE products, they have natural ingredients, and some have wheat protein. Maybe that's why some people may have excessive shedding because of it. I have no problems at all on my hair using both products(I don't use their shampoo, though). You may consider looking at the ingredients first before you buy to make sure if your hair will take in what's labeled on the bottle. Like they say, "Let the buyer beware". Toodles. </font>

Ok Jade/Supergirl you like the St Ives and the HE lines?

Supergirl/Jade you ladies have done it again. I just couldn't resist trying these HE conditioners. I purchased the HE Intensive triple conditioning system and the HE fruit fusions hydrating conditioner. I love them both. 6 weeks post relaxer this week, I am. I am increasing my workouts to 5 times a week, therefore I have been doing more condition washes. My hair is so soft and smells so good. I love the wet combout. Very minimal hair loss during combout, maybe 4 or 5 hairs at the max. Even after sweating at the gym with my hair in a ponytail, my hair remained soft and silky. I just don't know what to do because my hair seems to be enjoying a little bit of everything right now. Please, please don't come up with anymore new conditioners. It's too much fun trying new stuff that is cheap and works so well! Did I tell you how good my hair smells? lol My boyfriend thinks I am going nuts for getting new conditioners every other day!

Thanks again ladies ( I think)

Back