Hennalucent--Wow!

Ipanema

Hi everybody. Yesterday I applied my second ever Hennalucent treatment, and I've had really dramatic results! It feels like each strand of my hair is coated with a clear, shiny film, and it feels so smooth & strong.

The first time I used Hennalucent, my hair came out really dry, but this time I followed the directions inside the box--applying near boiling water (smelled really good). Then I added about a 1/4 cup of mineral oil to the mixture. The oil absorbed into the product turning it a grayish hue, but it really worked out fine. I'm lovin' the way my hair looks & feels now.
drunk.gif

I'm so tempted to try this but since I didn't read the entire Hennaphillics thread I'm afraid it'll make my relaxed hair hard. Is it only for naturals? How long did you leave it on for? Is it a big dye (meaning if I use a brown color, my hair will turn brown from black or will I just get a rinse effect?)

jfn,
henna is for natrals but hennalucent was specially designed for relaxed heads! the main difference between the two as far as i know is that henna has metal compounds and the hennalucent has none at all, i.e they are removed

I have done a hennalucent treatment on my daughter and myself, and we both have relaxers. We didn't experience any dryness at all. I'm going to give my daugther a 2nd treatment tonight. I hope it turns out just as good as everyone's else 2nd treatment.
smile.gif
Oh, I performed our treatments at the beginning of last week. I'm going to do my 2nd treatment friday once I take my cornrows down. I definitely liked the way it made our hair feel
smile.gif

I'm so happy for you. ?- is Hennalucent okay for colored hair? I am trying to grow out my honey highlights.

My hair is permanently colored, and I didn't have any problems... My color didn't change either. I used neutral...

JFN, I use neutral, so I don't know about the colors yet. I have a lot of gray hair, and the neutral has made my gray sparkle like glitter. And as far as time, well, I left it on my hair for about two hours. I wore a plastic cap, so it wasn't as hard to wash out this time & it didn't mess up my clothes.

I'm glad that everyone is having such great results with the hennalucent! I applied my first treatment of the neutral hennalucent on Monday, and I let it sit for 2 hours. I added a capful of olive oil, jojoba oil, and a packet of the henna & placenta conditioner and my hair was stiff! I rinsed it out and my hair was o.k, didn't really notice a difference. I guess I will apply another one next Monday and see what happens, oh well. Does anyone know why some of us are experiencing stiff hair from the first application? Also is everyone applying this to wet hair or dry hair. Thanks.

Babychoc, both treatments I applied to dry hair. After my first treatment, I was not too pleased with the result. My hair looked dry & ashy, so I don't know what made me do it again. It was a spur of the moment thing. I posted on this board about my poor results, and someone mentioned that maybe it was adding too much stuff to the mixture & they got good results just by adding water. Other people post that they always add stuff to it, so who knows?

Hey thanks Ipanema. Maybe I'll just keep working with it and see what happens
look.gif
. I will try another one because I don't want to give up! I want to love the hennalucent like everyone else
frown.gif
. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks
smile.gif

I performed my daugther's 2nd treatment yesterday. It turned out so wonderful!! She's 8 weeks into her relaxer & her hair is looking like she just recently got a relaxer! Her hair is so shiny, soft, and bouncy, and it feels very strong.... I'm very happy w/ Hennalucent
smile.gif
!!!

gabrielle_union.jpg

Babychoc:

My first treatment was the same, but I hear that most people felt the same way until their 2nd application.

My first treatment was just ok, although I noticed that it did loosen the curls a little.

I've decided to apply my 2nd treatment tonight. I will post the results in the morning.

-Marabou

After hearing rave reviews about Hennalucent I went out a bought some last weekend. It stared at me in the bathroom until I finally broke down and applied it last night. Anyway, I added a little olive oil, washed with pantene, mixed a little LUST with olive oil, put it in a ponytail and went to bed. It detangled easily and feels really soft. But I haven't noticed much shine. Maybe I have to straighten first?? Because my hair is light it tends to look dull. So maybe NOT straightening it prevents it from reflecting light.

45 minutes. It's softer but that's the only noticeable difference I detect so far. How long do I have to wait for the 2nd application? I used neutral?

I left mine in 2 hrs the first time. The 2nd time I left it in over night(I fell asleep). Because I didn't add any oils, it kinda made my scalp itch. I had better results with the 2 hour one. When I do another treatment, I will do the 2 hours and add enough oils.

I am totally clueless abotu this. What form is hennalucent? Some type of cream or liquid? Is it pure? Does it come in brands? Can anyone suggest where to buy it?

maybe this was answered in the hennalucent thread but someone asked a question and i have some quesitons as well.

1) IS THE HAIR SUPPOSED TO BE WET WHEN THIS IS APPLIED?
2) CAN YOU DO A HOT OIL TREATMENT AND SHAMPOO BEFORE THIS TREATMENT OR DO YOU JUST DO THIS TREATMENT AND THEN SHAMPOO.
3) CAN YOU USE A MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER AFTERWARDS IF YOUR HAIR FEELS STIFF? (AFTER THE HENNALUCENT OR AFTER THE SHAMPOO)
4)CAN YOU DO ROLLERSETS AFTER THIS OR IS IT MORE IDEAL TO AIR DRY?

SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS. I plan to do a treatment on sunday and i want to gather up all the information i can beforehand so i can get good results. I have tons of notes from the henna thread but I am not sure if these questions were asked before or if i overlooked them. God bless you all.

1) IS THE HAIR SUPPOSED TO BE WET WHEN THIS IS APPLIED?

I applied it to wet hair.

2) CAN YOU DO A HOT OIL TREATMENT AND SHAMPOO BEFORE THIS TREATMENT OR DO YOU JUST DO THIS TREATMENT AND THEN SHAMPOO.

Yes you can use a hot oil treatment and shampoo before this treatment. I did.

3) CAN YOU USE A MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER AFTERWARDS IF YOUR HAIR FEELS STIFF? (AFTER THE HENNALUCENT OR AFTER THE SHAMPOO)

Yes you can. I did.

4)CAN YOU DO ROLLERSETS AFTER THIS OR IS IT MORE IDEAL TO AIR DRY?

Yes you can.

Thank you so much for the answers to my questions. Now I feel a little slow because I didnt even open my hennalucent package because some powder seemed to be coming out a bit when I turned the box upside down so I thought it was a loose powder inside I didnt know it was in a bag. Anywho I plan to try this out because I have a whole bunch of notes from these hennalucent/henna threads and I am actually excited. thanks again.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

Hey everybody,

I've been lurking on this board for a few weeks although I officially joined yesterday. I have to say that what I like about this board is that folks seem open to new ideas and folks seem very supportive of each other.

Having said this, I'd like to try the Hennalucent for the conditioning factor as well as the "less shrinkage" factor. However, I am a bit afraid that the Hennalucent will change my curl pattern. I don't want a nappier version of straight hair. It's my curls that make my hair interesting.

I went to my beauty supply store and they don't carry any Henna products except for the Placenta. Where are the NYC gals buying it besides online?

Lakinkyfemme

I picked up Sunset Brown on Friday after my trip to the BSS. I'm not sure whether I'll try it tomorrow or over the weekend, but I'll post my results!

how much oil should you be adding to your mix without it affecting the results? would a 1/2 cup total be too much? or 1/2 cup of total added ingredients besides water be good as well? God bless you all.

Back