Henna - the answer to my breakage

Jadacrys

I just wanted to share that before I started henna'ing, my edges were pretty broken off. I have henna'ed twice in two months, and I notice that I am retaining more hair. Those short pieces are longer and blending in with the rest of my hair. It is looking thicker too. The henna really gave it strength. Combo that with moisturizing daily.

The comeback of my edges is really an argument in favor of doing henna regularly. (It will be every 4 - 6 weeks)

ETA: I notice less breakage (it is very minimal now). I have an expected amount of shedding.

Do you notice a benefit to henna'ing and in what aspects?

The henna give my hair mega strength and I have no shedding or breakage at all, which is great because I am 4 months post relaxer.

Jadacrys said:

Congrats! Jada

I noticed thicker strands, less frizz, no more split ends, stronger strands and of course the crazy shine and rich color.

Jadacrys said:
I just wanted to share that before I started henna'ing, my edges were pretty broken off. I have henna'ed twice in two months, and I notice that I am retaining more hair. Those short pieces are longer and blending in with the rest of my hair. It is looking thicker too. The henna really gave it strength. Combo that with moisturizing daily.

The comeback of my edges is really an argument in favor of doing henna regularly. (It will be every 4 - 6 weeks)

ETA: I notice less breakage (it is very minimal now). I have an expected amount of shedding.

What type of henna do you use? I am interested in ordering some, but I'm not exactly sure what kind to get.

Jadacrys said:

Jada, thanks for letting us know. I don't think I want to do henna treatments on a weekly basis. I want to wait at least two weeks. It's good to know that people who use it less frequent are getting good result aslo.

CoCoGirl821 said:
What type of henna do you use? I am interested in ordering some, but I'm not exactly sure what kind to get.

I used Jamila (first time) and Dulhan Mehendi (second time). I just purchased them from a local indian supermarket.

Back