Henna Question Help!!!!

Butterfly30

I want try the henna in my hair. Currently, i'm 6wks post relaxer and guess it would be a good time to try henna. So all you ladies that henna, please let me know which brand and type will best to use. Also, my Indian co-worker tells me that the herbal one is what she use. However, since i'm relax, i'm not sure if i should be using the henna for hair or Body Art Henna.

Butterfly30 said:
I want try the henna in my hair. Currently, i'm 6wks post relaxer and guess it would be a good time to try henna. So all you ladies that henna, please let me know which brand and type will best to use. Also, my Indian co-worker tells me that the herbal one is what she use. However, since i'm relax, i'm not sure if i should be using the henna for hair or Body Art Henna.

ALWAYS use Body art 100% pure with no addetives
I use henna from hennaforhair

Jamila is one of the best IMO. Herbal henna is compound henna. Meaning it's not pure (i.e,. it has more than one ingredient). I wouldn't use it. :nono: Stick to BAQ, but no matter what you decide to use always strand test.

My vote is BAQ henna and do a strand test. My first 3 henna treatments were with henna from FNWL. I have four boxes of Jamila henna that I got at a local Indian store. I'll try that next since I know it is pure henna with nothing else mixed in. I see a lot of compound henna out there, so make sure you know what you are putting on your hair and use harvested hair to test it. HHG!

Thsanks Ladies!! Now strand test, i'm a 4a-b. How do i strand test and What i'm suppose to be looking for when i'm testing. Thanks again!

Back