Henna, Pics and February Updates

JJamiah

Hello Ladies,

I did my henna last night, It was awesome. The henna went on smooth while the INDIGO made my hair feel like brillo?

But I deep Conditioned like no ones business.

Right now my hair is Matte looking. I think next weekend's wash will make it shine. *I hope

Over all I am happy, My scalp didn't burn like boxed hair color, and my hair is Black :-) which was what I wanted.

I am glad that I have an option now.

I am 34 weeks post this past Wednesday.

Thanks for looking

HENNA USED: Jamila in plastic bag from local grocer for $2
Inidigo used: Amazon.com / allindiastore.com $12.50

Attachments

• Hair shot 2 11 7.jpg
    Hair shot 2 11 7.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 472
  • hair shot 2 11 2.jpg
    hair shot 2 11 2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 443
  • Hair shot 2 11 4.jpg
    Hair shot 2 11 4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 417
  • Hair shot 2 11 5.jpg
    Hair shot 2 11 5.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 401
  • hair shot 2 11 6.jpg
    hair shot 2 11 6.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
^^ I hope you enjoy it please let me know how it goes, especially with the indigo, It all came out black just didn't like the brillo feel after the initial rinse.

it is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!!!!!!

plus, you've got all that yummy delicious ng?!

it's got such a pretty pattern, it's almost a pity to perm it!

just F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!!!

Beautiful as always! What did you rinse the indigo out with. I use a bottle of V05 moisture milks to rinse out both henna and indigo and it brings my hair back fast. Then I DC with a moisturizing condish! I'm so glad another relaxed head hendigos.

Thanks for posting the pics and for the inspiration!

It looks so fab JJamiah. I am loving your length too. It's where I am trying to get, and your hair is so thick and pretty. Your doing a great job!!!

OMG GO JJ!!! I love it!! Shoot I need a wig/quickweave or something quick, I need to get on level! Length thickness color all are amazing!! Congrats!!

Thanks so much Everyone :-) I appreciate it.

Beautiful as always! What did you rinse the indigo out with. I use a bottle of V05 moisture milks to rinse out both henna and indigo and it brings my hair back fast. Then I DC with a moisturizing condish! I'm so glad another relaxed head hendigos.

Thanks for posting the pics and for the inspiration!

I used Thermasilk Moisture Conditioner and Aussie 3 minute moisture.

Beautiful!!!!
BTW are you hip length now? If you are maybe you should change your siggie

Thanks so much BM I don't think I am hip yet hubby says I have this much to go. He holds his index finger and thumb (about 4-5 inches).

:grouphug:

Thanks so much

I trimmed today pulled it forward trimmed then braided it and trimmed again. I feel the ends should be better. I was long over due for it.

Thanks for all your kind words.

I didn't know your hair was that long!!! I love that color on you.

Ok, so are you still wearing wigs? And if yes, how long are you gonna wear them? I'm asking because your hair looks to good to be under some dag-gone wig.

Thanks everyone!

I didn't know your hair was that long!!! I love that color on you.

Ok, so are you still wearing wigs? And if yes, how long are you gonna wear them? I'm asking because your hair looks to good to be under some dag-gone wig.

I should be back up in wigs next month, taking another break in July and November when I henna again.

I don't plan on stopping any time soon, I just enjoy wearing short hair styles, medium hair styles. I love the variety, and still get to wear my hair a week and some during the month.

In my dreams I can have hair like you :)

You'll get there soon enough, just be patient with your hair. :-)

Thanks everyone!

I should be back up in wigs next month, taking another break in July and November when I henna again.

I don't plan on stopping any time soon, I just enjoy wearing short hair styles, medium hair styles. I love the variety, and still get to wear my hair a week and some during the month.

Oh...so you take breaks from the wigs during each month. I'm thinking about going back to wigs for a little while too. I'm still trying to figure out how you get all that hair under a wig....

Oh...so you take breaks from the wigs during each month. I'm thinking about going back to wigs for a little while too. I'm still trying to figure out how you get all that hair under a wig....

Yes I wear it for 3 weeks *21 days during the month then for the remaining days I bun, and give my hair time to breath. March, July and NOvember is my no wig months. :-) gives me time to pamper my hair and pamper myself.

Plus I need to color my hair during my wigless month LOL :look: don't want those gray hurrs peaking through :giggle:

Last edited:
You're hair looks Amazing!! So much better, than anything I imagined it did! I love the NG..I have the urge to give you a scalp massage :giggle:

One more time: What's your reggie?

You're hair looks Amazing!! So much better, than anything I imagined it did! I love the NG..I have the urge to give you a scalp massage :giggle:

One more time: What's your reggie?

Awww Thank you Nasdaq

I wouldn't say no I love scalp massages, matter fact I am going to put the Mr. To work tonight all thanks to you LOL :giggle:

I wash my hair weekly when out of braids.

I braid my hair 3 weeks out of the month; I leave it out and deep condition 9-10 days (for 9 months) (gives me 2 deep conditions during the month)

I leave my hair out completely for (3 months) and during that time I wash weekly and deep condition weekly

I use a hardcore protein every 3-4 months
I use a weekly protein APhogee 2 minute

I use leave-ins every wash

I love wearing my wigs :-)

I just really like to keep a low maintenance schedule really.

During the times my hair is out, I bun, wear half wigs, Bantu knot outs *before I new the Name :giggle:; I rollerset with soft rollers for a Beach wave look, and bun some more. :)

I use to trim every relaxer but since my last scalping I just decided to trim myself for now until I need a hair cut which will be in december.

If I didn't cover something feel free to ask.

Thanks so much.

That's pretty!
I didn't realize you relaxed b/c your new growth is so wavy and quite long! Have you ever been fully natural?

Back