• Color Rinse

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • both

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kaytorry

Which one do you prefer?

What are the benefits and drawback of each?

Do you use them before or after you relax, texlax, or BKT?

Please share..

Which one do you prefer?

What are the benefits and drawback of each?

Do you use them before or after you relax, texlax, or BKT?

Please share..

hello,

I have never used henna so I voted for color rinse. I use any color by jazzing and my hair is so shiny and strong. I use them after a fresh relaxer..after i neutralize but before any other shampoo or conditioner andI get great results.

I think a draw back for some would be the fact that washing/rinsing frequently will rinse the color out quick and I protective style alot so when their is lots of product (moisture) in my hair the color can stain my pillow cases depending on what color I use.

I only put the color rinse in my hair after I relax because I wear my hair down/wrapped a few weeks after the relaxer then its up under a wig until my next touch up (12+ wks).

Last edited:
I don't have much experience with rinses. The kind I've tried won't stay on my hair which is what led me to henna.

Henna

Pros - it conditions and colors. You can use whether you relax or do bkt's. It's a natural herb that you can use as much as you like with no negative effects.

Cons - it's not a quickie treatment and it can be messy esp. if you're new to using it. You only have one basic color choice - i.e. red. You can add things to make it darker red or red brown but basically just red.

i use henna/indigo one week after relaxing. i have used color rinses in the past (and only once since i started my HHJ) and prefer henna because it is natural and less drying. the only negative i have with henna is that it is time consuming (day long process). but the end results are worth it.

Back