Henna on relaxed hair

sithembile

My friend wants to colour her hair but she doesn't want to use permanent colours. She has relaxed hair, does it cause breakage or damage?

No. Henna is not made for relaxed hair, don't do it. Try bigen or Hennalucent instead. Hennalucent doesn't have the "metallic salts" that henna has.

I have heard good things as well as bad things about using henna on relaxed hair. What your friend could do is save the hair from her hairbrushes and do a strand test. Add the oils and a conditioner to the henna paste, cover with saran wrap and put it in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Let it sit for about 1-2 hours then throughly rinse the hair sample to get all of the henna out and after the hair sample dries add a condioner to the hair and oils to keep it moisturized. I have been contemplating on using henna for color and strengthing for my hair and did a strand test on the hair sample last night which I have been saving from my hair brush and I could tell after I rinsed the sample that the hair was strong and I should have added conditioner to the henna as well as afterwords. If you don't keep the hair moisturized it will become dry and that is what your hair without having henna on it will do anyway. I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Oh I forgot to add the most important thing of all is make sure the henna is 100% pure if it is not that is when your friend will run into problems with her hair because the henna has all of this added junk to it, such as salts, metals, etc. Check out the website hennaforhair.com it is pretty informative.

No henna. I can only give my feedback on hennalucent.

-it is messy
-mix with a little oil
-after rinsing it out i used a moisturizing conditioner (pantene r&n) because my hair felt a little bit like straw.

Adore and BeautifulCollection are some non-henna semi permanent coloring bottles that ladies on the board rave about

hennalucent comes in colors and neutral. i use it as a light protein treatment and color (bark brown comes in black).please check out some of the other hennalucent threads. warn your friend that the colors are darker than what they seem; my bark brown turns my hair black, and i like it that way
smile.gif

Paging Henna JOY : Henna on relaxed hair

Bumping for Henna joy...I would also do a search. There have been some LHCF members who have used Henna, and Henna joy has some very informative info on Henna & relaxed hair. Henna joy's wesite

Re: Paging Henna JOY : Henna on relaxed hair

I agree with angelsanrainbows. Hennajoy has given me lots of great advice. So I would check out her website.

[ QUOTE ]
angelsanrainbows said:
Bumping for Henna joy...I would also do a search. There have been some LHCF members who have used Henna, and Henna joy has some very informative info on Henna & relaxed hair. Henna joy's wesite

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to do a username search for her posts, but came up blank.

Armyqt,
Try this: Go to ezboard.com and type in the word henna and then click on the discussion board of henna. She has been very helpful as far as explaining to me about using henna.
I hope this helps

[ QUOTE ]
bri123 said:
Armyqt,
Try this: Go to ezboard.com and type in the word henna and then click on the discussion board of henna. She has been very helpful as far as explaining to me about using henna.
I hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bri, but I actually wanted to bump some of her posts for sitmembile.

Thanks for your advice ladies. I told her not to do it, now she's sulking because she wants to colour her hair but last time she used Dark n lovely's permanent colour, it broke off her hair.

I use henna on my relaxed hair and I love it! I use the Lush's Cacas. You have to get it on -line because they are based in Canada, although they are opening stores here in the USA. The web site address is: www.lush.com.

Hi,

You can use henna on relaxed hair. You want to make sure it is 100% natural henna powder. The 100% natural henna powder will both color and strengthen the hair. Hennalucent has two types of Hennalucent. One does indeed contain metallic salts and should be avoided. The other was developed later to get rid of the metallic salts.

If you use 100% natural henna powder, you don't have to worry about any metallic salts or dyes in your powder. Body art quality natural henna powder also provides the added feature of making a paste that is easier to apply and rinse from the hair.

What it is important for your friend to know is that her henna powder should be natural and that when using henna or an herbal/henna powder, she should use a moisturizing conditioner on her hair immediately following rinsing out the paste. It is a good combination.

If anyone wants to reach me, you can always email me at [email protected]. I can also get a PM. I think I have it set to get an email notification when someone PMs me...if that hasn't changed.

Take care and let me know if you have any other henna questions.

HennaJoy

Can relaxer be applied to the hair after it is hennaed? Did anyone start off with natrual hair, then hennaed it then relaxed it without problems as long as they used a natural henna? Thank You bonjour

Dear Mahalialee4,
I would wait at least a week after a you relax your hair then use the henna and vice versa. Make sure the henna you use is 100% pure henna. I wasn't all that impressed with the hennalucent but everyone is different. So many ladies here on the forum use the hennalucent and have had great results. I like the henna so much better. I hope this helps.
bri123

Back