Henna, making my hair too straight?

Hair Iam

I like to use henna for strengthening my hair:cool: but
it’s making my hair too straight:perplexed . Washed my hair 3 times already for the week,
allowed it to air dry and still my two strand twists are too straight:confused: . I like the idea that it experience this loosen the curl but not too keen on loosing my natural curl:( . Now on the other hand it looks awesome when it comes to my shake and go:ohwell: …has anyone experience this?

I've noticed that my hair will air dry VERY straight. Though I am relaxed, my hair seems to dry straighter (and faster) than it did in my prehenna daysl. Even my husband has noticed the difference and commented on it.

I haven't noticed anything like this thankfully! I would lay off the henna for a while then if you aren't really feelin the effects for the moment. Good luck to you. I know that onhttp://hennaforhair.com there's a topic board. You can always try posting this question over there, to see if you can get more feedback, to see if others are having this issue. Good luck to ya :)

Hair Iam said:
it’s making my hair too straight:perplexed . Washed my hair 3 times already for the week,
allowed it to air dry and still my two strand twists are too straight:confused: . I like the idea that it experience this loosen the curl but not too keen on loosing my natural curl:( . Now on the other hand it looks awesome when it comes to my shake and go:ohwell: …has anyone experience this?

How many times have you used henna and how close together were the times?

I'm going through tthis right now and don't know what to do. My curl isn't gone. But its no where near as strong a curl pattern as it was. I used henna probably 4 times in the space of 2.5 months. ANd the most recent time was about two weeks ago. I really want my hair to go back to normal and I hope its not permanent or I'll be very upset.

I henna once every 6 weeks to 2 months.
I'm just going to cut back to once every 3-5 months.
I believe the longer my hair gets, the looser the curls get on their own. So I’ll stick with my castor oil :D and Indian oils:D for strength.....I certainly won’t be missing the mess:( .
Thanks ladies ;)

Hey ladies, what does henna do ? Dye it black? temporary color? or condition? Im a 4a Wonder if it can relax my curl lol:lol:????

I noticed this for the first time tonight. I washed my hair and let it air dry some before I put the henna in, and my hair dried pretty straight with a nice wavy pattern to it. I usually rollerset so it's the first time I've seen it air dried. I love it!

shalita05 said:
Hey ladies, what does henna do ? Dye it black? temporary color? or condition? Im a 4a Wonder if it can relax my curl lol:lol:????

Hi, henna gives the hair a strong reddish tinge to the hair (or black if you follow up with indigo). I think most people here use it for it's conditioning/ strengthening properties. Personally I kept reading about it and finally got the nerve to try it out and I love it now. You can't use just any kind though, it has to be body art quality or specifically one with no metallic compounds. I admit, it's messy and kinda a pain but it's soooo worth it.

Hair Iam said:
I henna once every 6 weeks to 2 months.
I'm just going to cut back to once every 3-5 months.
I believe the longer my hair gets, the looser the curls get on their own. So I’ll stick with my castor oil :D and Indian oils:D for strength.....I certainly won’t be missing the mess:( .
Thanks ladies ;)
hey!
how long do i usually keep it on for?

xx

Hair Iam said:

I have the exactely same experience and I used it just twice: once in december and once in january my hair is fine 4b:perplexed

I gotta get back to hennaing because this is an effect I dont' think I mind much. But for you, maybe you should consider doing henna treatments less often. HHG!

The straightening effect of henna will fade over time - if you really LOVE the conditioning/stretghening effects, but not so fond of the lack of curl - try this.

*Note please - this works wonderfully for me, your hair might hate it!*

I henna every 4-5 weeks, and since I've started doing this, my hair combs easier, but the curls are still around. Once every 3 weeks or so, I mix about 1 teaspoon of baking soda into about 1/2-3/4 cup of conditioner, let it sit in my hair for about 15 minutes, comb through, and rinse out. My curls pop like CRAZY after doing this, even with the regular henna'ing cycle. I think that the BS clarifies my hair, and mixing a small amount of BS into a lot of conditioner prevents the BS from drying my hair out.

Of course, as your hair gets longer, the curl will loosen from weight. If you use heavy products on your hair, the curls will loosen from the weight. If you don't clarify regularly, the curls will loosen from the weight of the buildup....

Sooo......good luck!

nappywomyn said:
The straightening effect of henna will fade over time - if you really LOVE the conditioning/stretghening effects, but not so fond of the lack of curl - try this.

*Note please - this works wonderfully for me, your hair might hate it!*

I henna every 4-5 weeks, and since I've started doing this, my hair combs easier, but the curls are still around. Once every 3 weeks or so, I mix about 1 teaspoon of baking soda into about 1/2-3/4 cup of conditioner, let it sit in my hair for about 15 minutes, comb through, and rinse out. My curls pop like CRAZY after doing this, even with the regular henna'ing cycle. I think that the BS clarifies my hair, and mixing a small amount of BS into a lot of conditioner prevents the BS from drying my hair out.

Of course, as your hair gets longer, the curl will loosen from weight. If you use heavy products on your hair, the curls will loosen from the weight. If you don't clarify regularly, the curls will loosen from the weight of the buildup....

Sooo......good luck!

:up:Thanks lady I will clarify this week and see if it works !

This is such an interesting thread! I personally have not noticed that Henna loosesns my curl pattern but, then again, I havent really been looking for that. Im gonna start to pay attention, and will come back and let ya'all know.

I posted a thread something similar to this subject. I only used henna ONE time and I noticed the difference.

I have been trying to condition myhair back to health ever since. In the other post there was only one person that said that she also experienced the same thing. Now that this thread has popped up I think I really am going to stay away from it.

Back