Henna/Indigo and Chemical Highlights

laurend085

It's pretty much summer time where I live and I want to get some chemical highlights like a blonde/honey/light brown something like that. The only time I've had my hair dyed or highlighted is when I was relaxed. I don't know if it was my hair or the stylist(s) that did them but every time the color would not take like it was supposed to. I would get color but not as light or the tone it was supposed to be. I would have to go back like 3 times to get the right color or attempt to.

I think my hair is low porosity?? It takes a while for me to soak it in the shower and I have to move it around. Also my hair is naturally black I've done honey/evoo dc treatments which is supposed to lighten your hair. My hair may slightly have dark brown highlights mostly in the sun but I've always noticed that about my hair anyway.

So I want to start doing henndigo as well. I don't want the red of henna that's why I'm adding indigo so my hair will stay black.

If I begin henndigo then get highlights then do henndigo again thereafter. Will the highlights disappear?? Would I have to redo them each time I used henndigo?

Thanks!

When you do your henna and indigo you could wrap your highlighted sections in saran wrap to protect them from the natural dyes.

BTW indigo washes off but henna is basically permanent. So if you henndigo you'll still get the henna red/brown and if u don't like that color you'll have to keep it covered with indigo.

Hmmm I've looked at 2 peoples process for henndigo one of them curlynikki and the hair appears to stay darker. I don't want the reddish color because it's permanent and would take forever to grow out and I know I'll get tired of it. Even if I Saran wrapped those sections when I rinse (since that process is tedious) I'm sure the runoff would still get on the highlighted pieces

Back