Henna Experts! *Henna for "African Hair"*

MsBoinglicious

*I searched but couldn't find any post on this type of Henna. You can redirect me if this has been posted, TIA*

I was on Mehandi.com about to buy some henna. As i scrolled down i saw that they had a henna that was for african hair.
"Body Art Quality Henna
for African Hair
:

This henna has the finest sift for easy rinsing from fragile, damaged, chemically processed hair.

This henna is produced for us in the Indus Bhera and Mailsi henna growing regions. This henna is ideal for relaxed, damaged, and fragile hair (whether or not you have African hair). It is the only henna I recommend for locks because it is so easy to rinse out. This henna has good gray coverage, leaves shimmering red highlights on dark hair. "

Now should i buy this kind beacuse its for "african hair"? I know people are saying buy body art quality henna but there not suggesting what region the henna should be coming from. Does it matter?

My African hair does just fine with Henna from FNWL (when they are actually in stock) that is significantly cheaper. :look: I've never been down with her prices, though.

It sounds like it's just better sifted, which you can do with a sifter at home. :look: Though, really, all henna should be fine powder, and well sifted with no leaves or stems in it.

My African hair does just fine with Henna from FNWL (when they are actually in stock) that is significantly cheaper. :look: I've never been down with her prices, though.

It sounds like it's just better sifted, which you can do with a sifter at home. :look: Though, really, all henna should be fine powder, and well sifted with no leaves or stems in it.

can you give a link too where you buy your henna from?

BAQ henna is just fine. Jamila is also a good brand...

I used to buy from hennaforhair.com.... But - I consider that the Cadillac of henna.... Their website pops up first on Google....So like neiman marcus - they charge too much.

I have used both BAQ henna from www.mendhi.com and paid about $8 and BAQ henna that I've bought at my local Indian store for $2. To me, they both rinse out exactly the same. Needless to say, I never bought from mendhi again.

I have used both BAQ henna from www.mendhi.com and paid about $8 and BAQ henna that I've bought at my local Indian store for $2. To me, they both rinse out exactly the same. Needless to say, I never bought from mendhi again.

yep - I am not wasting my money again.
I will buy the Jamila - FNWL henna - and keep it movin....

Those other folks are :drunk::spinning:

I've used the henna for African Hair and I really liked it and it washed out quite easily, however it is expensive.

I recently bought some Jamila henna which was much cheaper so I'm hoping to have the same results.

I've used both the Henna for African Hair and Store bought Jamila Henna and they both in my opinion rinse out the same. The only difference is the price. Try to find some place locally that sells Jamila or Dulhan and save yourself a ton of money!

Can anyone recommend another online place with more reasonable prices to buy from? So not hennaforhair and not fnwl (which has a minimum order amount). I don't want henna's color which means I'd have to do indigo, too, and hennaforhair sells the cheapest bundle for $14, which only dyes 3" of hair!

is jamilla henna considered BAQ:perplexed? is it safe for relaxed hair,does it contain those metallic compounds that they warn against? TIA

I used Jamilla Henna yesterday, and it rinsed out really, really well. I didn't have to condition wash, and I only had to rinse for about ten minutes. I've never been able to rinse out henna so quickly.

Can anyone recommend another online place with more reasonable prices to buy from? So not hennaforhair and not fnwl (which has a minimum order amount). I don't want henna's color which means I'd have to do indigo, too, and hennaforhair sells the cheapest bundle for $14, which only dyes 3" of hair!

For Jamila try http://www.mehndiskinart.com they are the cheapest that I've found online. But in Chicago, there should be at least one grocery that sells Jamila henna.

Check here and call around http://www.thokalath.com/illinois/grocery_stores.php

FNWL IS BACK IN STOCK!!!!

Just got the email an hour or so ago, and :look: I already got my henna, before ya'll go and wipe em out. :lachen:

2 pounds plus shipping ended up being 38 bucks, for me.

*I searched but couldn't find any post on this type of Henna. You can redirect me if this has been posted, TIA*

I was on Mehandi.com about to buy some henna. As i scrolled down i saw that they had a henna that was for african hair.
"Body Art Quality Henna
for African Hair:

This henna has the finest sift for easy rinsing from fragile, damaged, chemically processed hair.

This henna is produced for us in the Indus Bhera and Mailsi henna growing regions. This henna is ideal for relaxed, damaged, and fragile hair (whether or not you have African hair). It is the only henna I recommend for locks because it is so easy to rinse out. This henna has good gray coverage, leaves shimmering red highlights on dark hair. "

Now should i buy this kind beacuse its for "african hair"? I know people are saying buy body art quality henna but there not suggesting what region the henna should be coming from. Does it matter?

I am pretty sure she just changed the way she is marketing her product. The very same person that she has a picture of under that specific henna used to be under her henna when everything was together.

Henna is henna. This is just a marketing tool.

Back