Henna & Cellophanes!

tricie

Hi, ladies! :wave:

Forgive me if this has been addressed before (I searched for another thread on it, but was unable to definitively find an answer), but what I want to know is can you use henna and cellophanes?

I'm not talking about at the same time, but like, do a henna treatment (with BAQ henna, of course) for the conditioning benefits, and then maybe like a month later do a cellophane.

I would be using Sebastian Laminates cellophane in Deep Brunette. I recall when my ex-beautician used to use this, my hair was super thick, shiny and resilient. I stopped going to her because she was scissor happy :ohwell:, but continued to use the cellophanes (purchasing them online) until Sebastian discontinued them. Now that the Laminates are back, the pj in me had to get it :look:, plus remembering how my hair looked at the time.

For those that use both (or if it's not a good idea), please check in and let me know what your experience has been.

TIA! :)

Hey would you say that the cellophane made your individual hair strands thicker? I know people say henna does but I'm wondering about the cellophane.

I need some thicker hair strands in my life.

Bumping for you bc I would like to know also.

How often do you use it? And when do you use it, right after a relaxer or anytime?

Well, I henna when I take my braids down, so about once every 2-3 months. I am transitioning, so there's no relaxer! When I was getting a relaxer, she would put it on right after relaxing because the cuticle was open to help deposit the color.

Hey would you say that the cellophane made your individual hair strands thicker? I know people say henna does but I'm wondering about the cellophane.

I need some thicker hair strands in my life.

Bumping for you bc I would like to know also.

Thanks! My strands did feel thicker when I was using cellophanes. I'm not sure, the henna might...I know the shine from henna after a few days was really nice. Here is a pic of what my hair would look like after henna; mind you, I was relaxed in this picture:

Henna shot in the car 2.jpg

Henna shot in the car.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks! My strands did feel thicker when I was using cellophanes. I'm not sure, the henna might...I know the shine from henna after a few days was really nice. Here is a pic of what my hair would look like after henna; mind you, I was relaxed in this picture:

View attachment 75372

View attachment 75374

Thanks!

Nice! Thanks for the pics. Nice to know that the cellophane made your strands thicker.

I think I will try it out and use clear cellophane and henna, but not at the same time, probably a few weeks apart. Since cellophane is not a dye and has no chemicals like ammonia in it, it'll probably be ok to use both... well at least i think so.

And the added bonus of thickness from cellophane and henna sounds great.

Ive always wondered myself. I vaguely have a slight tiny incling of a memory about not using the 2 treatements on hair (not together)

thats why I still have my cellophane sitting unused.

I henna about 1 time every 2 months

wow I needa go to sleep I thought it said henna and cellphone *started wondering what they had to do with each other*

Bumping cause now I'm curious too

I DC with a henna mix every weekend. Last weekend I glossed with the John Frieda glaze after I rinsed out my DC. I was pleased with the results. I can't say for sure the gloss alone did it, but my hair had a lovely sheen, even after it dried.
I did the same yesterday in order to flat iron and trim my hair. I'll leave more feedback about my results later...if I don't punk-out doing my hair like I did last time.

I DC with a henna mix every weekend. Last weekend I glossed with the John Frieda glaze after I rinsed out my DC. I was pleased with the results. I can't say for sure the gloss alone did it, but my hair had a lovely sheen, even after it dried.
I did the same yesterday in order to flat iron and trim my hair. I'll leave more feedback about my results later...if I don't punk-out doing my hair like I did last time.

Thanks soooooo much for responding!!! I'm glad this worked well for you, and I hope you can post a pic soon! :)

My strands feel thicker after henna, not after cellophanes. I used a cellophane to deposit color, but I wasn't satisfied with the results so about a month later I used henna. IMO henna does it all, it adds color, strength, and plumps on my strands a bit. Plus, you can whip up a henna gloss treatment for added shine.

My strands feel thicker after henna, not after cellophanes. I used a cellophane to deposit color, but I wasn't satisfied with the results so about a month later I used henna. IMO henna does it all, it adds color, strength, and plumps on my strands a bit. Plus, you can whip up a henna gloss treatment for added shine.

Thanks for responding, almondjoi85! I agree with what you said about henna doing it all! I did a henna treatment about a month ago. I'm still going to do the cellophane, but probably in another month or so.

Bumping.....I henna'd a couple weeks ago and I am sitting here looking at the Cellophanes I just bought....

I would do it. Henna is natural and cellophanes is supposed to be vegetable dye so I would def do it.

As a matter of fact I henna'd about a month ago and I was thinking about doing a Jazzing which I think is basically the same as cellophanes. I have henna'd and then put Bigen on my hairline where the gray is.

I think one of the benefits of using BAQ henna is so that you can use regular dye if you want to right?

Back