Henna and Mega tek What I did wrong , Help me

HI LADIES

THANKS FOR WRITING AND OFFERING SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GET MY HAIR BACK ON TRACK. I APPRECIATE ALL ADVICE ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO TOOK TIME TO TELL WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG AND RIGHT. I AM OLDER THEN MOST OF YOU SO THIS IS NEW TO ME IN HOW TO CARE FOR MY HAIR, I ALWAYS DEPENED ON MY HAIRDRESSER AND WEAVE. SO BARE WITH ME LADIES, MANY OF US ARE NEW ON THE BLOCK. I JUST HATE THAT I HAVE TO WERE A WIG, IT JUST GETTING TO HOT, BUT I HAVE TO JUST DO IT. ANY WAY THANK TO ALL AND BE BLESSED.

Hey Balance, I hear ya girl... Hang in there... And trust that our admonition is for your benefit because we care and we want to see you reach your goals, EVEN though you are new on the block...

Instead of wearing wigs, do you think you can learn to do braidouts? They are a great summer style to wear, involve daily conditioning which is VERY healthy for the hair, and don't expose damaged areas of the hair or altering lengths. And bunning is also another great way to get your hair back to great health!

Hope this helps!

HI LADIES

THANKS FOR WRITING AND OFFERING SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GET MY HAIR BACK ON TRACK. I APPRECIATE ALL ADVICE ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO TOOK TIME TO TELL WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG AND RIGHT. I AM OLDER THEN MOST OF YOU SO THIS IS NEW TO ME IN HOW TO CARE FOR MY HAIR, I ALWAYS DEPENED ON MY HAIRDRESSER AND WEAVE. SO BARE WITH ME LADIES, MANY OF US ARE NEW ON THE BLOCK. I JUST HATE THAT I HAVE TO WERE A WIG, IT JUST GETTING TO HOT, BUT I HAVE TO JUST DO IT. ANY WAY THANK TO ALL AND BE BLESSED.

You can't be older than me! :lachen: I'm the resident senior citizen!
You'll do fine. :yep:

Hey Balance, I hear ya girl... Hang in there... And trust that our admonition is for your benefit because we care and we want to see you reach your goals, EVEN though you are new on the block...

Instead of wearing wigs, do you think you can learn to do braidouts? They are a great summer style to wear, involve daily conditioning which is VERY healthy for the hair, and don't expose damaged areas of the hair or altering lengths. And bunning is also another great way to get your hair back to great health!

Hope this helps!

Last week I could , my nape and side are bald , I will take picture on tomorrow so you can see. Only a wig , I cant wear my famous bun , thank again

I am so sorry to hear this, I use henna and mega tek, when I used henna, I moisturised for nearly one hour and apply mega tek to my scalp and roots. The days when I am just washing with shampoo and conditioning, I apply mega tek for my hair for five minutes only.

I am so sorry to hear this, I use henna and mega tek, when I used henna, I moisturised for nearly one hour and apply mega tek to my scalp and roots. The days when I am just washing with shampoo and conditioning, I apply mega tek for my hair for five minutes only.

Yes the key is moisturizing and checking your product for protein, I failed to check my product which contain protein. The reason I sharing my picture so other want make this mistake. Thanks for sharing:nono:

I agree with overnight deep conditioning! Also, I don't know much about Megatek but I'm assuming it's very similar to Aphogee 2 min. I would NEVER leave in a protein treatment in my hair without washing it out. Also, you should always follow the protein treatment with a moisturizing treatment.
I do henna a lot, and while it's not really "protein" it does make your hair dry and thick afterwards similar to what protein does. After you do a henna, make sure to do a nice deep condition (moisturizing and preferably overnight) and pamper your hair with oils.
By the way, here's a list of moisturizing deep conditioners that are protein-free:
GVP Conditioning Balm (sally's)
Aussie Moist (drugstores, target, walmart)
Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol (sally's)

I agree with overnight deep conditioning! Also, I don't know much about Megatek but I'm assuming it's very similar to Aphogee 2 min. I would NEVER leave in a protein treatment in my hair without washing it out. Also, you should always follow the protein treatment with a moisturizing treatment.
I do henna a lot, and while it's not really "protein" it does make your hair dry and thick afterwards similar to what protein does. After you do a henna, make sure to do a nice deep condition (moisturizing and preferably overnight) and pamper your hair with oils.
By the way, here's a list of moisturizing deep conditioners that are protein-free:
GVP Conditioning Balm (sally's)
Aussie Moist (drugstores, target, walmart)
Lustrasilk Shea Cholesterol (sally's)

Thank you , this is very helpful on the product

Balancegoals so sorry to see your mishap. Thanks for sharing to warn others.
Have you seen a professional or are you going to continue to be a Do it yourselfer? If you do continue to wear wigs please make sure you wear a cap before putting it on. This way you wont damage your hair further.

Balancegoals so sorry to see your mishap. Thanks for sharing to warn others.
Have you seen a professional or are you going to continue to be a Do it yourselfer? If you do continue to wear wigs please make sure you wear a cap before putting it on. This way you wont damage your hair further.

Thank you for writing , I do wear a wig cap to help stop breakage, I am going to my doctor , since I have diabetes , to see what I need to do. At this time I just putting oils in my hair coconut, and olive from BSS , I not using any other product at this time.

I am so very sorry to hear this but this happen to me as well and I had to end up cutting all of my hair off with clippers. I love henna and been using it for years but it can be very harsh on the hair and if you are using something else with protein like mega tek which is nothing but protein from my understanding I think that is the case for both of us. I love the look henna gives but I have found it is not for me and after using it for over 20 yrs, I found that is where my breakage was coming from. :sad:

Hello Everyone

Please check picture my damage hair in fotki and I edit my post Thanks.

On Saturday of last week, I did a henna treatment with Jamilla I got from an Indian store in ATL . After my treatment my hair was thick, shine and strong, very pretty. The next day I put my Mega Tek and Alma oil on the length of my hair on Sunday and Monday, without washing it out. Today I notice my right side of my head from the middle of my ear to nape my hair was gone. This is strange , My hair is damage really bad over night, I may have over protein my hair , how can this happen. Please help me any suggestion . :wallbash:

Please read

Top of this information came from Internet and then I add information at the bottom.

Hair that is suffering from a protein overload will be brittle and often dry despite conditioning efforts. It may be wise to hit that jam packed beauty cabinet and check the bottles of your favorite products so see what you're putting on your hair every day. Look for ingredients like silk protein, soy protein, silk amino acids, hydrolyzed collagen protein, wheat protein, or wheat amino acids. The general rule of thumb is that the closer to the top of list these items are the more of it there is inside the product. When you are looking for a new conditioner, check your products for strengthening, fortifying, anti-breakage, or repairing because these products are going to contain protein, and that what I was doing wrong. Also every product don’t work on your hair, educate yourself on how to care for your hair by reading Long hair Forum as well , internet , books, no one knows the right answer. Learned your hair type , I have thin fine hair and I learned too much protein will damage my hair, and if you have a medical diagnose ( diabetes ) as I do, educate your self on what is best for your hair.

I am stress out and blessed .

hair type thin fine short hair 4a/4b

I am so very sorry to hear this but this happen to me as well and I had to end up cutting all of my hair off with clippers. I love henna and been using it for years but it can be very harsh on the hair and if you are using something else with protein like mega tek which is nothing but protein from my understanding I think that is the case for both of us. I love the look henna gives but I have found it is not for me and after using it for over 20 yrs, I found that is where my breakage was coming from. :sad:

I sorry to hear about your mishap as well , I love the henna as well . Mega tek was okay for me but nothing to brag on. Yes we learned from mistake , and thank you for sharing with me.

Back