Hendigo over Highlights?

Trace

I made the mistake of highlighting my hair last December. I was bored with my dark brown, graying hair and wanted a change. Instead of my highlights coming out a nice carmel color, they are brassy and even worse now after summer. I've been to two professionals for color correction and have tried on my own to make my color better by using semi and natural permanants (Nutritint), but no luck. Too bad I didn't know about LCHF back then - I would have just used henna in the first place! :wallbash: Because the damage to my hair from the chemicals (it's dry/brittle/lots of split ends) I am going to try henna/indigo. That way I figure I can strengthen my hair and end up with a decent color at the same time. I'll do a color test before applying to my whole head, but I wanted to know if there were other out there who have used henna/indigo in this way?

I made the mistake of highlighting my hair last December. I was bored with my dark brown, graying hair and wanted a change. Instead of my highlights coming out a nice carmel color, they are brassy and even worse now after summer. I've been to two professionals for color correction and have tried on my own to make my color better by using semi and natural permanants (Nutritint), but no luck. Too bad I didn't know about LCHF back then - I would have just used henna in the first place! :wallbash: Because the damage to my hair from the chemicals (it's dry/brittle/lots of split ends) I am going to try henna/indigo. That way I figure I can strengthen my hair and end up with a decent color at the same time. I'll do a color test before applying to my whole head, but I wanted to know if there were other out there who have used henna/indigo in this way?

YES!!! I had the same thing happen, colored/bleached highlights, and ended in dry/brittle/split ends. I Hendigo'd back in July for the first time over the highlights and it has been good ever since. I wanted jet black and it turned out great.

Tigget, did you post about your experience with henna? I think I read about it a little while back, but not exactly sure. I'm glad everything worked out for you! :yep: How much henna/indigo did you use and how long is your hair? Thanks!

Tigget, did you post about your experience with henna? I think I read about it a little while back, but not exactly sure. I'm glad everything worked out for you! :yep: How much henna/indigo did you use and how long is your hair? Thanks!

Yes I did. I think the name of my thread was henna/indigo update. And I'm sure I have another one. I apologize I'm on my blackberry since my computer is down. Its not as easy to copy & paste links.

My hair is only neck length & I used 100g each.

Yes I did. I think the name of my thread was henna/indigo update. And I'm sure I have another one. I apologize I'm on my blackberry since my computer is down. Its not as easy to copy & paste links.

My hair is only neck length & I used 100g each.

Did you use the 2 step process or did you mix the indigo & henna together and apply it all at once?

Did you use the 2 step process or did you mix the indigo & henna together and apply it all at once?

I used the 2 step process. It wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. And I have done it twice. After letting the Henna release for up to 24hrs, I put it on my hair (Deep Conditioned before) left on overnight. Following morn rinsed w/ cheap condish & mixed my Indigo. Indigo needs only about 10 mins to release color. I left it on my hair for about an hour, I have read that Indigo decreases in color strength after 25 mins. Any leftovers would need to be thrown away. It cannot be frozen like Henna can.

HTH

I used the 2 step process. It wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. And I have done it twice. After letting the Henna release for up to 24hrs, I put it on my hair (Deep Conditioned before) left on overnight. Following morn rinsed w/ cheap condish & mixed my Indigo. Indigo needs only about 10 mins to release color. I left it on my hair for about an hour, I have read that Indigo decreases in color strength after 25 mins. Any leftovers would need to be thrown away. It cannot be frozen like Henna can.

HTH

Thanks my Indigo arrived yesterday and plan on doing this soon to hide those pesky grays.

HTH

I didn't know there was a certain time frame when indiogo should be used and that it could not be frozen afterwards. Thanks for the useful information! :grin:

Back