Help!!!!!

futureapl

I just got my hair done. While it doesn't feel too tight, I noticed some bunching in the front that I am concerned about. I'm afraid of losing my edges. I want to keep the hairstyle intact if possible. Any recommendations? I was thinking of cutting part of the rubber band to see if it loosens up

I just got my hair done. While it doesn't feel too tight, I noticed some bunching in the front that I am concerned about. I'm afraid of losing my edges. I want to keep the hairstyle intact if possible. Any recommendations? I was thinking of cutting part of the rubber band to see if it loosens up
IMO that does
not look good.
Your pain tolerance
must be high
because that looks
beyond painful.

Forgive my ignorance
but what is
the rubber band for?
IOW how is
it being used?

I would do
whatever it takes
to reduce that
tension. If cutting
the rubber will,
then do it.

Because I don't
understand the do,
I don't know how
this will affect
the style but
I say health first.

If you have
added hair, that
alone is already
a risk because
of the weight;
adding tension to
an already risky
situation is a
bad combination.

If the elastic clipping doesn't work, take it out. You'll thank me later. Last time I got braids it was too tight and I took it out 24 hours later but I still lost all my edges and diffuse hairloss in that time. It's not worth it (IMO).

Is there any possibility of getting the person to redo that one and any others that look the same? Have you ever had your hair done by this stylist before? The one behind looks pretty tight too, but I assume you dont have a tender head!

Yes, it looks like cutting the rubber band will alleviate some of the tension. I agree w the ladies, I would remove the tight braids around the edges and see if she can reinstall them more loosely.

Thank you ladies. I had my husband cut the rubber band and slide the other one back. I would've called the hairstylist to reinstall but she had a traumatic experience the night before and honestly probably should have just canceled our appointment this morning. I appreciate her efforts though. She's done my hair in the past and it has never been this tight.

Back