Help with steam rollers

PrissyMiss

I feel so dumbfounded when it comes it to steam rollers. I have fine hair and every time I use steam rollers my hair is still damp and won't hold a curl. Can someone please help??????????????? :perplexed

Bumping for replies...

I have the Revlon Steam Rollers and my ends are damp and very frizzy after use. When my ends are damp, I let them dry for about 10 minutes and then comb the curls, I don't comb right away.

You might be letting your rollers steam too long... I have the Caruso... and I only steam my rollers for 8 seconds max... Longer than that and it is soaking wet...

HTH

qt_pie said:
I have the same kind. Does letting your hair dry first seem to help with the frizz and drying time?

it helps the drying time but I don't know about the frizz. My hair has been frizzy ever since I used my steam rollers this pass week. I don't know what's going on. Last night I moisturized my hair and put Loreal anti-frizz creme moisturizer on my ends and rolled my hair with regular rollers, I woke up this morning, my hair was still a frizzy mess.

Here's my suggestion:

Damp hair - you are leaveing the rollers on the steam too long and you might want to skip steaming the top (cover)

Frizzy hair - use a dab of serum on the very tips of your hair and end papers before rolling.

HTH

simplycee said:
Here's my suggestion:

Damp hair - you are leaveing the rollers on the steam too long and you might want to skip steaming the top (cover)

Frizzy hair - use a dab of serum on the very tips of your hair and end papers before rolling.

HTH

thanks, I have the end papers, I need the serum. The only serum I have seen is the Elasta Q(sp?) I don't see many serums in the stores. Which serum would you suggest???

Thanks in advance

MzTami said:
it helps the drying time but I don't know about the frizz. My hair has been frizzy ever since I used my steam rollers this pass week. I don't know what's going on. Last night I moisturized my hair and put Loreal anti-frizz creme moisturizer on my ends and rolled my hair with regular rollers, I woke up this morning, my hair was still a frizzy mess.

I'm having the same problem with my hair. No matter what I do it's still frizzy. But thanks guys. I thought I may be leaving them in for too long and I will try the rollers with the end paper.
P.S Anyone else who has problems with frizzy hair. What do u do to cut back on the frizziness.

simplycee said:
Here's my suggestion:

HTH

Same thing I was going to say.

I have fine hair and I would only leave the roller on the steam for 3-5 seconds and I agree with Simplycee no need to steam the top also.

HTH

qt_pie said:
I'm having the same problem with my hair. No matter what I do it's still frizzy. But thanks guys. I thought I may be leaving them in for too long and I will try the rollers with the end paper.
P.S Anyone else who has problems with frizzy hair. What do u do to cut back on the frizziness.

Bumping for replies....How do you cut back on frizziness?? I heard someone say serum was not good for the hair..Please advise, I'm going to BSS today.

The first time I used steam rollers, my hair came out damp...it was because i applied setting lotion to my hair before i rolled...and it was too much moisture. Now I spray my hair with oilsheen (to prevent frizzies), i roll my hair and hop in the shower, and then take my rollers out after i get dressed. (they are probably in for about 20mins). my hair comes out curly and i shake my hair to loosen the curls. My hair turns out curly and somewhat fluffy and full which i love.

LadyZ said:
You might be letting your rollers steam too long... I have the Caruso... and I only steam my rollers for 8 seconds max... Longer than that and it is soaking wet...

HTH

Oooh, I'm trying that tomorrow.:D I usually let those puppies sit there for 30-45 seconds.

To get my bangs to dry, I spiral the hair around the roller trying not to overlap more than twice and blast the roller with the blow dryer for 60 seconds.

I leave mine on the steamer for 8-10 seconds max. I also use end papers on my hair. I have the end papers folded in half the long way to cover more of my hair and prevent frizizies. It does help if a little oil is applied to your ends 20 min before setting. My avatar is the result of my steam set.

SerenityBreeze said:
I leave mine on the steamer for 8-10 seconds max. I also use end papers on my hair. I have the end papers folded in half the long way to cover more of my hair and prevent frizizies. It does help if a little oil is applied to your ends 20 min before setting. My avatar is the result of my steam set.

I agree, this works :grin: !

Back