HELP!!!!! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

Mattie26

I just did a protien treatment that I saw Tracycee do. But I changed it from the conditioner to my Lustersilk Cholesterol plus in and two eggs with a little Evoo. I wasn't even done with oneside before it started to itch like crazy. I did the other side right quick and ran and washed it out. It's itching and burning a little but more itchy. I don't know what happened. Last night I used the last of my Glover's on my scalp could the that have something to do with it? IDK Oh and I have an allergy to eats I can't eat them but would that make a difference I mean it's on my hair not in my body? If someone could plz plz help. I did shampoo my hair and scratched it in really good and yes I said scratched. This mess is crazy and I've been telling my DD about how using natural products is great this is not going to be a good look. If I don't repy it's because I'll be on gone for a while but I will be checkin in to see if Somebody can help.

i have never had a problem using eggs, so perhaps it has something to do with your allergy.

It sounds like between the glover's and the scratching you make have opened up some skin on your scalp and since you said you're allergic to eggs some of it may have absorbed into the scalp, because I'm sure your pores are really open. That's just my take on it.

I use Evoo everyday to seal so it's not that but I do think that it might be my allergies. See I thought that it would be ok because it was on the skin and I didn't scratch until I shampoo'd cause it was driving me nutty now I know no egg what so ever,me and my bright idea's.

Allergies to something could manifest not just when you consume them but also when you apply them topically. Organics have a coconut hand and body lotion that is 100% wheat and gluten free as well as vegan. It would seem odd for that label to be on a product you use on your skin but perhaps it's because those who are extremely gluten intolerant could react to a product that had wheat in it(?).

ETA: According to this article, "People allergic to eggs may also have a reaction after their skin comes in contact with eggs, so avoid touching eggs or products that contain eggs."

I also wanted to suggest that less sometimes is more. If I were using a protein product, I would not add more protein to it. My thinking is, before that product became known as a product worth buying, it had been tried and tested by others before me, and if it were not good enough as it is, it would not be something others like, and I'm better off finding another product that is more efficient on its own. It's the same logic I use for taking supplement: I try to find a multi that has all that I need so that I'm not taking 20 different supplements. Mixing 1876328268 different thing, IMO is always a recipe for problems.

Last edited:
Allergies to something could manifest not just when you consume them but also when you apply them topically. Organics have a coconut hand and body lotion that is 100% wheat and gluten free as well as vegan. It would seem odd for that label to be on a product you use on your skin but perhaps it's because those who are extremely gluten intolerant could react to a product that had wheat in it(?).

ETA: According to this article, "People allergic to eggs may also have a reaction after their skin comes in contact with eggs, so avoid touching eggs or products that contain eggs."

I also wanted to suggest that less sometimes is more. If I were using a protein product, I would not add more protein to it. My thinking is, before that product became known as a product worth buying, it had been tried and tested by others before me, and if it were not good enough as it is, it would not be something others like, and I'm better off finding another product that is more efficient on its own. It's the same logic I use for taking supplement: I try to find a multi that has all that I need so that I'm not taking 20 different supplements. Mixing 1876328268 different thing, IMO is always a recipe for problems.
Thanks to everybody for not making me feel stupid. And Noni it's funny cause I'm allergic to coconut too. and I wont touch anything coconut. So why I thought the egg would work I don't know.:wallbash: I just put in my leave in and evoo and I'm twisting it now. But thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions.

Back