Help Wanted: Need Moisture!!! Best Leave-In (or daily product) for Moisture

Smiley79

Hi All! I would love some suggestions on this. I have relaxed hair, short below the ear, a bit damaged, I'm working on it now. :perplexed Once again they're all over the board but I'm trying to narrow down to a few tried and true products I can try. FYI, Ive been using the NTM for some weeks now and quite honestly, it makes my hair feel moisturized for the moment...but check me out an hour or so later and I'm back to an overall dry feeling. After my washes or cowashes (Keracare Humecto/VO5 Smoothie), I leave in Profective leave-in, NTM and a little CHI. Yes ladies I am a blow dryer :wallbash: (can't help it becuase I have no time in the day to air dry my short hair) Soooooo, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far I've noticed a lot of mentions of Hawaiian Silky 14-1 or something?

Thanks in adavance for the help.

Ya know, two days ago I mixed some Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner with Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner, and some 100% veggie glycerin in an applicator bottle and applied it to my ng and my hair....my hair is still moisturized.

i sometimes use hsr, its so thick so I can use it as a moisturizer even when i'm wearing my hair down and it doesn't make my hair wet. i use about a dime size and spread it in my hand and run it through my hair. sometimes, i'll do a saran wrap after. smooth silky hair. the moisturizer i use daily though is jane carter nourish and shine. its expensive, but it really does last forever. plus, its way cheaper than spending money searching for what works.

Ya know, two days ago I mixed some Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner with Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner, and some 100% veggie glycerin in an applicator bottle and applied it to my ng and my hair....my hair is still moisturized.

I might try this, minus the gpb for my new growth, cuz they are kicking. Plus, i just love the smell of the hsr. What does the gpb smell like?

Some other great moisturizers are Phytologie's Phyto 9 ultra nourishing cream (I use this on my ends) and Aveda Brilliant Humectant (great for new growth). Both are a little expensive though.

I might try this, minus the gpb for my new growth, cuz they are kicking. Plus, i just love the smell of the hsr. What does the gpb smell like?

It's not as heavenly as HSR. It has a kinda floral minty smell to it. I use it mainly to get the protein to my demarcation line, but don't let the protein fool you, it's really thick and moisturizing.

Wow...thanks for all the responses so far. I gotta look into each of these when i get home from work. Thanks again. I'm going to cross my fingers that on of these does the trick. I have another post that I put up today about oils, do you all think that I should incorporate Coconut, Castor or olive oil in my regimin to keep my hair from being dry. If so, which one and what's the best way to go about that.

Wow...thanks for all the responses so far. I gotta look into each of these when i get home from work. Thanks again. I'm going to cross my fingers that on of these does the trick. I have another post that I put up today about oils, do you all think that I should incorporate Coconut, Castor or olive oil in my regimin to keep my hair from being dry. If so, which one and what's the best way to go about that.

most people use it after their moisturizer to seal in the moisture.

Back