HELP WANTED from.....ConditionWashers????.......

ccd

I HAD SOME WORK TO DO IN THE SHOWER...tryin' to detangle this headahair.......I need your best tips on detangling after co washes and washn'gos

How often do you detangle your hair in the shower?????
MY GOODNESS...I FREaked out in the shower trying to get a comb thru my hair ( I've had the bun thing/wash and go going for about a week and a half)
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
I did work it out but I was like DAYYYUM...what am I going to do???

So .......

DO you detangle every time you condition wash?

How often do you CW? I assume daity? or every other day so are you detangling every time?

What products help you to detangle?

I used V05 Honbey and Almond mixed with St.Ives Strength and shine
( this softened great...but the comb was like

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nono.gif
I DON"T THINK SO! ) Also, I started with CON to helpthe process but humph....it was alright..nothing special...

So whats agirl to do
scratchchin.gif
scratchchin.gif

I condition wash every other day. And as much as I love my different products, I honestly have to say that I have had the best detangling experience with a wide tooth, seamless comb (I am still waiting for my bone comb though
grin.gif
) and Suave Milk and Honey conditioner. I've used the VO5 (damm near all of em), Daily Defense Tender apple, Pantene and those are all good but they contain silicones therefore I have to wash my hair every 3rd or 4th time because I start to shed. Milk and Honey is wonderful for my hair and only cost $1
smile.gif

I usually detangle before getting in the shower by putting conditioner and water in a spray bottle and then putting my hair in 4 braids. Then I just do each section individually and use the stream of the water and my fingers to keep my hair detangled and rebraid. Then I usually surge, moisturize and twist or braid my hair. I have a wide tooth detangling combs also.

I detangle everytime I condition wash which is typically every day. I drench my hair with water and then apply conditioner. As I apply the conditioner, I sort of fingercomb...but I'm really just applying the conditioner - make sense? Then, I comb through with my Jilbere comb very gently.

One thing helps with less detangles is not to manipulate your hair during the day. Once you style it, leave it alone. At night, pin it up without messing with it. This helps keep me pretty tangle free.

St. Ives works well but I know it's hard to find. So I'd also recommend Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

Re: HELP WANTED from.....ConditionWashers????.....

I try to condition wash daily or no less than every other day.

I try to only detangle in the shower. The weight of the water detangles most of my hair then the conditioner and a shower comb do the rest. Nexxus Humectress, VO5 hydrators or Fructis seem to detangle best for my hair type. If my hair needs a pre-detangling boost, I'll put the conditioner in and cover with a shower cap. The heat from the shower deep conditions and the tangles fall out more easily.

For me, no pre-wash detangling
naughty.gif
, my hair hates that.

When I wear my shake & go style, I don't detangle at all. It messes up the curls. I just squeeze the conditioner through and rinse. I do this 2-3 times per wash to make sure I've rinsed out the dirt and that the conditioner has saturated my hair thoroughly.

thanks everyone......

Once uponatime ........I too wouldn't be able to pre wash detangle...but I like the idea of washing in sections Queeny..... I ended up detangling in two sections that night ., next time I'll try four sections....

Hairlove ...yeah that particular St. Ives is REALLY hard to find... I also had to use Aussie Slip..(I forgot to mention
sekret.gif
.)..I am trying to use up the products I've accumulated due to my own product sickness, refueled by reading the great posts on this forum
smile.gif
I'm about to join REHAB

I think one MAJOR problem for me was that I was conditioning washin' for more than a week with out using a comb in the shower
naughty.gif
yes WHAT WAS I THINKIN" thanks for the great advice

Hi CCD, sorry for butting into the thread...just wanted to know whether you had received my PM.

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
Hi CCD, sorry for butting into the thread...just wanted to know whether you had received my PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey...no I didn't get your PM..!!!
frown.gif
when dd you send it??

I conditioner wash at least 3 times a week. Before I get in the shower I comb thru it gently with my wide tooth. Then I wet my hair and apply the conditioner all over and put on a plastic cap until I finish washing off. Afterwards I let it down and its for the most part tangle free. I will go over it with the shower comb and then rinse the conditioner out. I mostly use motions moisture plus, smooth and sleek or qp intense for these washes, esp if it's a little tangly to start.

I co wash daily. I don't necessarily "detangle" my hair everyday but I do comb with the show comb under running water. This is a life saver especially when my newgrowth gets really thick.

If my hair is really tangle I like to use Biolage detangling solution. This allows the comb to just glide through your hair effortlessly. Sometimes I just use extra conditioner and the running water. It depends on how tangled it is.

oh great!!!! Thank DSD!!!! I need all the help I can get..
BTW your avatar is lovely!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
oh great!!!! Thank DSD!!!! I need all the help I can get..
BTW your avatar is lovely!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I could help!!

Thanks!
grin.gif

Back