Help!! Uneven Fro!!!

Ms_Twana

Okay, my fro is sooo uneven. Are there any suggestions for me other than shaping it up with a cut? I say this because the front, top part and back part of my hair has looser curls. Some parts of the front have no curl pattern at all. So, when I wear my fro, the back has a lot more shrinkage than the front and the back. So, my uneven fro is a matter of different textures of hair. But I was wondering if there's something that I can put on the sections that shrink more to make it stretch more like the other sections?? TIA!!

I'm sorry I'm all thumbs when it comes to products after years of not using any. But one of my friends swears by S Curl the gel in a silver jar. She says the weight of the gel helps counteract the shrinkage caused by other products. She does a wash and go and wears a puff. While I think her hair looks great in the puff even shrunken, she says she has to apply a lot of SCurl gel to weigh the hair down and prevent shrinkage. Makes for very gooey untouchable hair :lol: but hey, it works. She applies a cream moisturizer then the gel.

So you wouldn't want to have the looser parts curl more? I was wondering if curl boosting products wouldn't perhaps help make your hair curl more and so shrink to match the short parts.

How about braiding the parts that shrink the most at night, so the curl's looser?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

if you wear your hair out in a fro, just becareful when you pick it out. If there's a longer section, just pat it down so that it matches the rest of your hair. That's the beauty of natural hair. You can fake that it's all the same length! :)

Nonie said:
....So you wouldn't want to have the looser parts curl more? I was wondering if curl boosting products wouldn't perhaps help make your hair curl more and so shrink to match the short parts.

How about braiding the parts that shrink the most at night, so the curl's looser?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for responding. I've tried several curl boosting products and that section of my hair does not curl/shrink any more. I'm actually not quite sure if it's wavy or curly. It seems wavy from the root up. But then it curls into a coil at the tips. So, I don't know.

Right now my hair is still pretty short, so braiding or twisting at night would be too time consuming. And it is even when I do a twistout. It's just a matter of making myself do all those twists.

ajargon02 said:
if you wear your hair out in a fro, just becareful when you pick it out. If there's a longer section, just pat it down so that it matches the rest of your hair. That's the beauty of natural hair. You can fake that it's all the same length! :)

It's not a fro as in combed or blow dried out. It's a wash 'n go, coily fro with a headband or scarf.

I have the same problem. It's gets easier as it gets longer though, at least you don't have to do so many twists. I have not found a solution other than braids or twists though. I refuse to cut my hair to make it appear even because I do plan to get it pressed or flat-ironed from time to time. So pretty much if I want a pretty, even-looking fro, I gotta twist it up first.

hopeful said:
I have the same problem. It's gets easier as it gets longer though, at least you don't have to do so many twists. I have not found a solution other than braids or twists though. I refuse to cut my hair to make it appear even because I do plan to get it pressed or flat-ironed from time to time. So pretty much if I want a pretty, even-looking fro, I gotta twist it up first.

Thanks girl. Yeah see I refuse to cut mines too. Once it gets long enough, then I can sport some twistsouts more often.

Back