Help! Relaxer Drama

lovelylc

Hello Ladies,

I hardly ever go to hair salons because I always receive hit or miss service, sometimes my hair turns out nice, sometimes it turns out horrible.

I went today to get my new growth (12 weeks) permed. Usually I do it at home but I felt like treating myself. I'm not sure of my hair type but I think it is 3C - 4A.

Long story short...the stylist relaxed parts of my hair and HUGE areas are as curly as when I walked through the door. :swearing: When she washed out the relaxer and I looked in the mirror I gasped and said "you didn't straighten these parts." She says....your hair just didn't take the relaxer. ARGH!

Questions:

-How soon can I apply relaxer to the area that wasn't relaxed?

-Any suggestions on how to tell what area needs to be straightened. I typically roller set and can tell the difference between new growth and previously relaxed, but once it is straightened I can't really tell. I think that is why the stylist screwed it up, well other than her being a putz.

She used a relaxer called Design - I have no idea what this is or where to get it. Do I have to use the same relaxer that she used?

She flat ironed the puffy hair so no one call tell the difference but I am terrified of what I will see when I wash it.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you. :cry2:

a min. of 6 weeks later. Just flat iron the underprocessed parts in the meantime. If you don't like the relaxer she used then use anything. Just wait atleast 6 weeks later.

Wow! Sorry that happened. Did she even smooth the relaxer & how long was it on? I don't know. Some hair is resistant, and need something stronger (super). Maybe the brand was Design Essentials--I think they make a relaxer. I've heard people mention corrective relaxers, but never looked into exactly what it is. Use the search option on the board and may be a google outside to find stylist you can trust to help correct the situation or if they can help you manage with out adding more chemicals. In the meantime try keeping it moisturized until you can find the solution (but work fast in case she caused other damage) You may want to do a protein treatment on your next wash and probably use a clarifying shampoo or neutralizing shampoo to be sure she removed all the relaxer. This stylist did not seem to care that she did not process your hair correctly. If she saw areas that were not processing, she could have smoothed better, and rinsed areas that were done processing (some stylist do this, not sure if it is a lesser evil) Best of luck. And just really monitor your shedding/breakage if it starts and your scalp for dryness/soreness.

Oh no! I hope some one will come here and help you. I hate it when stylists do this. I remember having the same experience.:perplexed

But I think the relaxer she used was Design Essentials. Quite a lot of people like this one actually. It is good for texlaxing.

I wouldn't relax anytime soon though (maybe 6 weeks time?), just make sure your hair keeps strong. Also, when doing correctives, some have found it useful to put CHI silk infusion on the underprocessed parts and then relax it, as this limits the damaging effects of the relaxer, whilst still allowing the hair to straighten. HTH.
But others will come in and help I'm sure!

Thank you all for your prompt replies. I am so sad about this. I will just have to give my hair extra TLC for a while.

Thanks again.

Back