HELP! PLEASE! My hair sticks together when washing! PICS

PrincessLinzz

Hi Ladies,

It has been awhile because well I haven't had any hair trauma until June hit. Every time I wash my hair it sticks together and when I pull it apart I am either losing hair or getting these knots. This happened to me in 2009 but then I did something (cant remember) and it stopped. I have heard of velcro ends but I mean it starts from the middle of the hair strand. I have pics below, can anyone tell me what is wrong and what to do???!! I have been using the porosity control and that hasn't even helped which is shocking me. I may sound dramatic but I'm desperate to find the solution...my hair was flourishing...now...:cry:

Anyone...

Attachments

• hair trauma 1.jpg
    hair trauma 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 209
  • hair trauma 2.jpg
    hair trauma 2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 182
  • hair trauma 3.jpg
    hair trauma 3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 174
  • hair trauma 4.jpg
    hair trauma 4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 155
possibly your cuticles are raised which can cause tangles. Do you know the pH of the shampoo you are using? A good shampoo should have a pH of 4.5-5.5 to close the cuticle.

possibly your cuticles are raised which can cause tangles. Do you know the pH of the shampoo you are using? A good shampoo should have a pH of 4.5-5.5 to close the cuticle.

Nope, I co wash every 2 days with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I use shampoo maybe once a month...

I'm by no means an expert on things like this, but maybe and ACV rinse will help. I am so sorry this is happening to you and I hope you manage to solve it without loosing any more hair!

My hair strands stick together too after washing and even after conditioning and moisturizing my hair. I think it's because we have very fine strands that are densely compact. Combing or detangling with a wide tooth comb doesn't really help since I'm just combing through strands while they are bunched together.

I don't know my hair did this back in 1999 I don't know why, I couldn't stand it, when getting doobies they didn't understand my hair and was very hard with it. :( it caused me to BC because I am tender headed and couldn't stand the pain. :(

I used Shine Polishing conditioner and it was great, but the shampoo was a nightmare the BC helped that alot.

Now I don't have those issues, I don't know what the difference is. I think my hair was probably damaged and my cuticles raised and were mad. :look:

Try Porosity control see if it solves the problem is resolved.

I have that issue when I wash my hair loose. Now I finger detangle on dry hair, braid it and leave a space at the top nar the scalp for access. shampoo in braids, unravel one braid at a time, add dc, detangle with widetooth comb and rebraid. I rinse and airdry with the braids I try not to let my hair have the chance to curl or tangle around itself.

Do you use oil in your hair? My hair had this problem when I used oils and when I switched to serum, it went away. Some people's hair do not do well with straight oil. My hair and my cousin's hair both do not.

Back