HELP NEED TEXTURIZER ADVICE!!!!!!!!!

cotton1981

i have 2 inches of 4a/b hair currently textturized with luster's shortlooks and i first must admit im lazy and want to grow long hair i dont want it straight i want to be able to style it in twists, bantu knots,and other afrocentric style because i want to not because i have to i love afro tendencies like to grow up and out but not the rough texture my 4a hair is in a inverted pyramind from nape to forehead the rest is thick 4b im willing to braid or twist out 4b to blend but to make a long story short how can i achieve this with minimal damage and effort on my part do you know of a better relaxer or texturizer to use is there a special technique to use
thanx in advance

How has your texturizer been working for you so far?
And please share your hair regime with us also.

well for most of the winter my hair has been under a headwrap but of late i conditioner wash with Suave humectress moisterize with care free gold instant moisturizer and maybe seal with Hollywood beauty olive oil cream for the month of march i was doing rinsing nightly and applying surge then HB olive cream now i mainly use styling creams such as thermasilk curl mousse maybe john frieda wind down relaxing creme to tone down frizz or his corrective gel to slick down sides and rinsing daily

oops i think i need to explain my dilemma with me having 2 inches of hair that naturally draws up and only texturized and me being lazy and impatient im afraid that i'lloverprocess the hair already texturized i wanted to clearly be able to do only my new growth what would be the best way to go about it kinky twists are too expensive and regular braids too heavy and damaging i want to stretch out my texturizer until its a big enough difference between the two

People here use a variety of things, but they are most often regular relaxers, only left in the hair longer. I have a PhytoSpecific Index 1 (mild). My "new" texture is very similar to my natural texture, esp since I'm underprocessed even more than I expected in the front.

Are you texturizing @ home or professionally? A professional should be able to see the difference in the hair. I'd like to think at least.

Back