help! need small hair clips that dont snag hair!?

prettylady123

help please!!

i have recently switched to wearing my own hair (with 2 rows of wefts) as opposed to full head weave. i am very happy with my new style BUT i use those little black clips to help secure my hair in place when wearing back or up in a high ponytail and they are snagging my sides regularly!! im so upset...once my hair gets caught in that little end, that is it--it caught and i have to tear one or two hairs to get the clip free from my hair.

this is very upsetting, i have been growing my hear under the weave for 2 years and have all the products to help promote growth only to have it snapping on a daily basis.

besides regular bobby pins, can anyone make a recommendation of a brand name of small clips that are secure but will not break hair when removing??

i need help fast!!

thank you.

Last edited:
I use snap-clips. I'm not sure of the official name, but they are small brass clips that when you push on them they pop open and when you push down on the ends they close. They are kind of like barrettes, but not. I like them because they don't snag my hair like bobby pins do (I can't get the hang of using bobby pins without pulling some of my hair out :nono:). I hope that my description was accurate enough.

Back